PDA

View Full Version : going in to hospital

domino
02-03-08, 11:29
:ohmy:I,m going into hospital on the 13 march, have,nt been in hospital since 1986, to say i,m anxious would be an understatement. But the thought of a general anathestic scares me to death. I,m going to be off work for 6 weeks after the op, now that does not scare me one bit:smile:Just need some reasurerance guys.

Edward65
02-03-08, 11:32
sorry to hear that, any chance you can have a local anathestic, you will be ok, all the best.

domino
02-03-08, 11:40
Edward , thanks for your reply, no it has to be general, do,nt wo,nt to wake up half way though.lol

EebyJeeby
02-03-08, 12:48
Hi Domino,

I hadn't had an op for over 10 years but have had two in the last 8 months. Like you, I was terrified of the general anaesthetic. First time, I blubbed like a baby when they were about to administer it and so they put a sedative in first. They were really great and it was fine. Second time, different hospital, I was almost looking forward to it (kinda enforced relaxation lol)! I had a very smooth ride of it indeed.

Key is to tell the anaesthetist of your fears (they come and see you before the op) - they will totally understand and will completely reassure you and if you want something to chill you out beforehand, they will give you it. I always think the anaesthetists are brill - trust them. :)

Eeb x

kazzie
02-03-08, 21:25
Have to agree with Eeb here....tell them!!!

Mine was over before I knew it!!!!

You will be cool!!!

Kaz x x x:hugs:

domino
12-03-08, 21:22
Well tomorrow is the day, i just can,t stop thinking of the anisthetic, :ohmy: it,s j
ust that i know whats coming even though i have,nt had one since 1986:scared10:

chalky
12-03-08, 21:31
Hi Domino,

I hope this goes really well for you.
The anaesthetic will be administered and monitored constantly by an experienced,professional clinician.
Remind yourself of that fact when you are having doubts.
Unless the anaesthetist is happy with your general condition,no operation will take place.These guys know what they are doing.
You are in good hands and in my thoughts.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Let us have an update asap.
Best wishes,
Chalky

domino
12-03-08, 21:58
Update tomorrow just as soon as i get home , thanks chalky:hugs: :ohmy:

yorkylover
12-03-08, 22:20
Big Hug:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

freakedout
12-03-08, 22:30
Good luck domino.

I hope you will be ok. When I had a minor op I was very open about my anxieties (well mainly cos I couldnt hide them) and I found the nurses excellent, they were very reassuring indeed which helped.

Take care

Freaky

nomorepanic
12-03-08, 22:57
Good luck

You are braver than me - I daren't even have sedation:ohmy: :ohmy:

Hope it goes well:hugs:

Karen
12-03-08, 23:33
Wishing you well Domino :hugs: You will be fine. I've had countless GAs with no problems.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen xx

alexis
12-03-08, 23:38
Wishing you all the best, you will be fine, just be open and honest, take care.xxx

redrose
13-03-08, 20:39
Sorry Domino only just read your post.

Hope all went well for you today.

Take care.:hugs:

Liz.xxxx

domino
14-03-08, 12:44
Thank,s everyone for your replies, well i,m back home , yesterday was difficult for me but i,ve had the op . I was soooo scared but everyone was great,It was the waiting mostly, i was offered to go first but i was,nt going to deprive someone of their turn!! S i went down second, this nurse was wonderful, i asked if she would stay with me until i went to sleep, by the time i got there i was shaking all over, they gave me a sedative within seconds i was feeling p...ed, do,nt remember anything until i woke up , my knee is the size of a balloon, and i,m off work for 6wks.Was hoping to come home yesterday evening ,but because i was vomiting they decided to keep me in over night. Lovely hospital , lovely staff, lovely room, but then you expect to get that when you go private.Anyway it,s great to be home and back in my own bed.I was so scared ,all sorts of things we,re going though my head , at one point i almost changed my mind but i did,nt ,and i,m so glad i had the op, my knee could,nt take much more.:yahoo:

kazzie
14-03-08, 22:15
Well done:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kaz x:hugs:

freakedout
15-03-08, 18:47
Glad to hear you home safe and sound.

Sounds like you did really well. Good on ya Domino.

Hope you continue to make a good recovery.

Take care

Freaky:):):)

kay
15-03-08, 21:02
Hi domino .... only just joined the site and and thinking of how brave you are....just shows what you can do even when you are :yesyes: scared stiff .. well done

domino
15-03-08, 21:05
Hi and welcome to the site kay, thankyou for your reply, x

sheba2
15-03-08, 23:19
Brilliant news domino. You was super brave. hope your knee appreciates what you did for it and gets better soon.