PDA

View Full Version : I'm stressing over my previous 5 days?

reddevil
02-03-08, 17:46
Last Tuesday, I was happy, only thing which was on my mind was my right eye, ached a little and felt sore but I have had this symptom months back, so I was not 100% worried, just assumed it was anxiety again as last time I went to see optician (about 6 months ago).

As the afternoon was going by, my throat starting to be sore, which by the evening throat sweets were required..!

I woke up Wednesday morning with my throat hurting and a headache above my right eye, so I made an appointment with my doctor for the morning. I took some painkillers, which the headache stopped.

My doctor looked into my eye, did some tests and said everything was ok and that if my throat or ears start to hurt, then come back for some antibiotics etc.

Well, I went away happy but woke up Thursday morning with my ulva (dangle thing in throat) swelled and my right ear blocked and my nose felt like there was a cold.

Anyway, I made another appointment to see another doctor on the advice of my doctor yesterday, to come back for antibiotics, as though it seemed my doctor guessed that I would come out with something in the next 24 hours.

The doctor asked me how she could help? I was telling her she said she could tell my throat was sore and she took a look and said a course of penicillin would be needed. She then looked into my ear, which she clearly said that I do have an ear infection and noticed a black scab, which she wants me to return next week to take another look to see if it’s a blackhead or something more serious, which shocked me and has got my anxiety levels high, as waiting for Wednesday seems like ages. I phoned the doctor up after surgery because I was worried and she said it will most properly be nothing and try not to worry.

Anyway, today I’m still suffering with a blocked right ear and my eye has started to ache again, which obviously I’m starting to think it’s my right side, could it be a tumour etc.

Has anybody suffered an ear infection before and how long does it last, as it has been since Thursday, while taking penicillin.

Any advice to help calm me down would be appreciated as Wednesday is a long wait for me etc.

Red

sheba2
03-03-08, 22:48
HI red.

Poor you. I think your ear/throat infection is causing all your symptoms. Just because you are on a course of penicillin doesn't mean that it will cure the infection. You may need a longer course or different antibiotics. Unfortunately only time will tell and when you are anxious all you want is for it to get better immediately. Also because ear nose and throat are connected the tear ducts into the eye which run into the nose can also cause eye problems too so this is probably why your eye is aching too.

I have had so many ear and throat infections and they can take quite a while to clear completely.