PDA

View Full Version : We have snow !!

Angel64
03-03-08, 09:10
Hi, I have snow here near Manchester UK !!

Drove the kids to the bus stop and it started, ok not 6 or 7 inches yet, but enough to brighten up my day.

I know you don't all agree but I have lovely memories of times in the snow, sliding down the local golf course on a black bin bag and wrapping our hands in football socks.....yes you guessed it I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my hand !!

I am now happy to sit on the sidelines and make the cups of hot chocolate, but if I can sneak one in I am quite a good snowball shot, always go for the ears it stings like mad !!

Christine xx :flowers:

manmoor
03-03-08, 09:17
Lol Christine I too love the snow except to drive in :yesyes: I can remember very well the socks on the hands and it was old coal bags we used. I remember begging my dad to clear the drive with a shovel so we could slide it was good old harmless inexpensive fun oh the joys of memories :hugs: xxx

JulieAs45
03-03-08, 09:22
I want snow! :ohmy: :mad:

PUGLETMUM
03-03-08, 09:44
:D :yesyes: hi all, im not far from you christine (cheshire) but although weve had the first signs of snow i dont think your gonna get that sort of snow today! or even this year for that matter!:weep: i love the snow too - we used to use trays (metal or plastic it didnt matter) to slide down a big hill that was in the woods near our house - isnt it funny how everyones the same - my hubby used to go to the golf course to slide down a hill there!! funny how the whole country is out at the nearset hill when it snows:roflmao: errrr except it doesnt anymore:lac: love emma:hugs: