PDA

View Full Version : insomnia

joy
04-03-08, 11:20
I cant sleep on Sertraline even with sleeping tabs!!!!!!

Any answers???

How can you feel better when you are arent sleeping???

Joy

lesleyB
11-03-08, 09:44
Hi Joy, I had this when I first started on Sertraline, tried sleeping tablets but they didn't work either.It got better when I felt better.Hope you have some results soon, haven't been here for a few days as have been busy at work or would have replied sooner.
Love
Lesley:hugs: :hugs:

joy
11-03-08, 10:31
trouble is I'm not getting better!!! Almost 6 weeks on 150mg and no real improvement, the odd day maybe but nothing dramatic. Getting very disheartened

Hope you and the pups are well

Love Joy

lesleyB
11-03-08, 17:09
OhJoy I wish there was something I could suggest to help, I guess we just have to hang in there and hope.
The pups are fine thank you, I have a funny head ( nothing new there) lol.
Love
Lesley:hugs:

beaker
25-02-09, 18:27
Hi, I started on Sertraline 2 weeks ago and ave been having sleep problems. Ordinarily I can sleep for Englnd but since I've been on them, I wake at around 2 and doze on and off til I get up. I don't feel tired at night whilst it's happening, rather absolutely wide awake! The benefits are FAR outweighing the minimal side effects though. I'd rather be happy and and an insomniac than a depressive who sleeps all the time!!!!

phoennixxs11
06-03-09, 14:59
This appears to be very common with Sertraline, i myself was a chronic insomniac previous to taking these meds and was worried it would make things worse, after an initial 8 weeks up and down with sleeping i finally settled and am now sleeping like a baby, although i do often wake during the night i no longer have trouble getting back off. Don't give up.