PDA

View Full Version : Going to the doctors, need some advice

Rennie1989
04-03-08, 15:29
Hiya all

I've just had my second counselling appointment and before he and I can carry on with the sessions he wants me to get myself checked over for any underlying physical conditions, mainly because I have had this fear of having something wrong with me (especially recently).

I just want to know what they actually check for and how they do it. I have a phobia of needles and I hate injections because I vomit and faint.

Also I did a questionnaire for my counsellor after my first session and next week I should have the results for what they show. It looks like a questionnaire for depression because it asked me if I thought about death, self harming, how my appetite and confidence was and so on. I'm not sure whether to mention this to my doctor because at times I do think I could be depressed. I did that survey on GMTV's website on depression, just because I was bored, and it said I was severly depressed (which I highly doubt, but hey).

Thankies

PS This is the first time I have ever got myself checked over at the doctors for my panic attacks and I feel this sense of ... that these years of panic can soon be over. It's a great feeling and I want it to last as long as possible.

maxine
04-03-08, 16:35
No idea about the medical thing but the counsellors hand those questionaires to everyone, standard practice i think, mine included are you a danger to your counsellor or anyone else in this building! :ohmy: I answered no btw lol

Ps I think we all get a bit depressed when dealing with anxiety anyway so those survey thingies could say a different thing everyday! lol