PDA

View Full Version : New to forum! Oldhand to panic!

pooh
04-03-08, 18:05
Hello!

It's been an eye opener this afternoon reading the experiences of others. I'm not too sure how I feel right now, amazed, reassured, anxious and overwhelmed are just a few.

Reading the causes and symptoms, with cigarette in one hand and red bull in the other, and a bag of marshmallows in case I got hungry, thinking I can't remember the last time I ate a bit of fruit, there began a bit of a realisation that physically I just might be creating the perfect environment for my panic to develop.

Historically, I've lived with anxiety all my life. Oddly enough I believed for a long time that the higher my anxiety levels were the less likely it was that anything bad would happen.I taught myself that extreme anxiety was a good thing. Is it any wonder I've spent most of my adult life experiencing increased panic attacks and anxiety that has become completely debilitating.

And so here I am.... off work last thursday because I had a horrendous panic attack, throwing up, feeling like I'm going to pass out, the sensation of free falling in a vacuum of terror, its been peaking and troughing for six days now. Thank goodness I can laugh today about how I set myself off on another panic attack by thinking about the earth rotating and not being attached to anything. It wasn't funny yesterday.

And I know... i'll have to go back to my doctor most likely go back on seroxat and ask him please do not send me back to that counsellor, the one that wore a terribly formal suit and was teaching me EFT. That I didn't feel I could really open up to, that I broke down hysterically with during one session and never went back.

And not to feel alone...... for that I just have to say hello!

artistguy
04-03-08, 18:27
Hello. Nice to have you on board.

heidi
04-03-08, 18:31
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/sHellobar.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get lots of advise and support here and make many friends along the way.........Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

trac67
04-03-08, 18:32
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

jill
04-03-08, 18:43
Hi :)

:welcome: to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
04-03-08, 19:07
Hi Pooh

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

My first piece of advice would have to be ditch the red bull - big NO NO for anxiety sufferers.

pooh
04-03-08, 19:34
Thank you for the warm welcome! My partner is now in the process of emptying my red bull stash down the loo with too much glee for my liking. He hates me drinking that stuff. In complete agreement with the administrator...he says it's a big NO NO!
It's a step.

kellie
04-03-08, 19:55
hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here :yesyes: . you will get lots of support and advice from all the lovely understanding ppl on here. red bull is a big no no along with too much coffee or tea and alcohol. they will only make your anx and panic worse. you can get this under control with the right help and good support so dont think this carnt be overcome. i have health anx and being here i can honestly say has saved my sanity. hope to talk to you in the chat room sometime. take care hun :hugs: :hugs:.

kellie xxxxxxxxxx

ps also never google your symptoms thats a big no no as well it will scare you silly i know it did me when ever i did.

chalky
04-03-08, 19:59
Hi Pooh,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

weeble40
04-03-08, 20:02
Hi Pooh sounds like you belong in my world, nice to have you around hope to catch you in chat some time

Emma xxx

kate
04-03-08, 20:20
Hello and :welcome:

Kate

groovygranny
04-03-08, 21:12
Hello pooh (why do I feel just a little uncomfortable typing that! lol):welcome: to you!

Glad you decided to join us - well done partner for ditching the red bull! Sorry, I'm on his side there!

A little of what you fancy in moderation is my motto - with emphasis on the little!

PLeased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
04-03-08, 22:00
Hi Pooh and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It's great to hear you're already taking positive steps to move forwards, good luck!

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
05-03-08, 06:24
Hi Pooh

Welcome to NMP hun, you'll get lots of advice and support here :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
05-03-08, 12:11
Hello Pooh And Welcome ........i Wish Ya Well.............linda