PDA

View Full Version : Job interview Wednesday 5 March

cardmaker
04-03-08, 18:27
Would you all please send good vibes my way tomorrow morning between 11.30 and 12.30. I have a job interview and I really need to do well.
My employers have told me I've forfeited the right to my current post. Obviously I'm fighting that and they've now taken legal advice. I have a meeting Thursday pm to find out what their solicitors have told them. But as it stands at the moment if I job get this job tomorrow it looks as if I'll be out of work :weep:

I know the lovely members of this forum will come through for me and I'll be 'feeling the love' during my interview! :D

:hugs: Thanks guys.

bluesparkle
04-03-08, 18:36
hi
will be sending loads of posative vibes and thoughts your way in the morning...
i remember how i felt ... and that was two years ago now...
you will be fine...
and remember we are all behind you
rach
x

heidi
04-03-08, 18:43
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/goodvibes_logo.giftomorrow between 11:30 and 12:30 !!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Nibbles
04-03-08, 22:15
Best of luck to you cardmaker, I hope it all goes well. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
04-03-08, 22:17
Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it goes well for you :hugs::hugs:

love

Trac xxx

cardmaker
04-03-08, 22:53
Thanks everyone. Calmed down a bit now so hopefully I'll get some sleep. :hugs:

Lindalou64
05-03-08, 01:27
BEST OF LUCK CARD MEMBER I WISH YA THE BEST............LINDA

cardmaker
05-03-08, 09:10
Thanks everyone. :hugs:

Well I'm up, showered, hair wrapped in towel, clothes, shoes and jewellery all laid out ready.

Slightly nervous but I am going to a job interview!! - so it's to be expected.
I think it'll get a bit worse as the time draws near but I'm hoping to stay on top of it.

Well in 2 hours time I'll be on a bus not far from the office.

Won't be back on the forum until this pm - have a good day everyone - keep smiling. :D

Lilith1980
05-03-08, 09:40
Hey hun

You sock it to 'em girl, you will be great!! :yesyes:

Make sure you update us hun :)

Jo xxxxx

sandlin
05-03-08, 11:40
Hope it went well

Linda xx

cardmaker
05-03-08, 14:54
Well I'm back folks!!

Thanks for the good wishes, hugs and good vibes. They must have had some effect as I wasn't at all nervous.

Left the building on quite a high feeling very positive. Unfortunately having gone shopping and then travelled home on the bus I now feel quite deflated. :unsure:

They say they'll let me know this afternoon so will keep you all posted as to the result.

:hugs: for everyone!!

cardmaker
07-03-08, 11:06
Sorry it's taken so long to reply but no one has been intouch regarding the interview - they say they've been trying to ring me (HUH).

Well the sad news is I did NOT get the job yesterday. They are supposed to have been trying to get hold of me since yesterday afternoon. Funny how my phone only shows one phone call over the 2 days - and that was a friend yesterday evening wanting to know how I got on.
The HR bod who lead a meeting I was in Thursday pm told me the news. I'm not at all disappointed as I've had a bit of a victory in another way.

From Monday I am to be put back on full pay!!!
I will actually be using up my hols that are left from the current year. But if after the 31 March I still haven't found a job then they will have to pay me full pay to be at home. This is only for 3 months then they will review the situation.

The was no apology of admittance that they got it wrong but their legal team have advised them what to do and this is a complete turn around from 3 weeks ago!!!

Feel like doing cartwheels around the room!!

They are also going to email every manager and ask if there are any jobs going such as short term/end of year help needed. The battle then will be to see if they'll still pay me the salary for my grade or whether they will expect me to take a drop. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Thinking back over the interview it's dawned on my that 'the old me' was back during the interview. My confidence was back and I was as cool as a cucumber - so I may not have got the job but it appears I have 'me' back and I know which I'd prefer to have.

Thanks for your support everyone.

Keep smiling (and taking the pills!!! http://experience.patient.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Huge hugs to you all. :hugs: