PDA

View Full Version : Success can be achieved !!

Angel64
05-03-08, 10:59
How many times do you hear, keep trying and the anxiety will get less the more you practice. Well I am now practicing and really making an effort to go with the flow.

Last year I wouldn't go out for days on end, if I did it would be planned down to the last detail, I would carry a bottle of water with me everywhere (not too sure why) and always had a plan for getting out of there !

This really is a slow process though, since new year, (so that is about 7 weeks) I have been practicing.

I have still had really bad days and stayed in, I have had things happen that arent't nice, car stolen, probs with kids, tummy bug, so it hasn't been plain sailing.

But I am gradually seeing the anxiety for what it is, and realising that bad mornings or days are not the end but just a blip on my road to recovery.

Today I took my bf to work, out of my secure zone, then me and my daughter went to Mcdonalds for breakfast and did an hours shopping. It isn't easy in the changing rooms I got a sudden blast of unreality, but this is because it is so unreal to me. Then I realised I had missed this so much, and we laughed as we walked to the car !

I also got a sharp pain in my stomache when out but just let it pass and didnt immediately run back to the car incase it was a heart attack, I told myself it was because I had just ate and then been racing around the shops.

I must say again though that it is the people on here, either encouraging me or me reading there achievements and wanting that for myself that are the best medicine.

And just to say, I am no stronger a person than anyone else I just have a goal and realise it is my time to achieve it.

Thanks everyone, and to everyone on the same road as me, Good luck, we can do It !!!!

Christine xx :flowers:

Lilith1980
05-03-08, 11:34
Hey Christine

Such an inspirational post, well done to you :D

So good to hear that you went out shopping and recognised things for what they were and didnt give into the anxiety - that's great hun :yesyes:

It makes me feel really good to hear stuff like this, it lifts my mood :yahoo:

Jo xxxxx

Emilys
05-03-08, 12:50
Last year I wouldn't go out for days on end, if I did it would be planned down to the last detail, I would carry a bottle of water with me everywhere (not too sure why) and always had a plan for getting out of there !

Hi Christine , firstly congratulations on going out !!!
as quoted above i was exactly the same didnt go out for days and always had bottle of water with me (as if thats gonna save you) but made me feel better , think its somthing to do with the panic of fainting.

But this weekend i thought i have to try the face your fears things.
1) my boyfriend went out for the evening 7pm-1am and i didnt panic once and even went to bed before he got back which is something iv never been able to do before! (although i did had a bottle of wine) lol
2) on the saturday i went into town by myself, which i havent done for about 3 years... as i left the car parked and walked into my first shop i felt very sick and thoughht i was going to faint but after 5-10 minutes this passed and i had a really good shop.

xx

SANDYJANE
05-03-08, 13:27
im so pleased for you , well done .

love sandyjane xxx

Angel64
05-03-08, 16:59
Emilys well done. It takes a lot of determination doesn't it.

Only problem with it I find is that the more you go out shopping the more you spend, but its worth every penny !!.

Christine xx :flowers:

Emilys
05-03-08, 20:40
Yes indeed , my credit card took a bit of a beating on sat!!
but i have a good excuse, its progress lol
xx

chalky
05-03-08, 21:05
Hi Chris,

I know how hard you have been working at this.
You are a success!!
:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:
Keep smiling.
Keep believing in yourself.
Best wishes,
Chalky

domino
05-03-08, 21:19
Hi christine, well done to you, and yes it is tuff sometimes to just get though the day but you are doing really great.:yesyes:

margaret911
05-03-08, 22:25
Well done Chris, I am really pleased for you.:yesyes:
love Mags xx:yesyes: :yesyes:

Coni
06-03-08, 21:28
Hi Christine, its so good to hear how well youre doing! I'm so impressed....keep up the great work!

luv Coni XX

sagey
06-03-08, 22:50
Well done Christine, I'm so pleased for you.

DeniseB
06-03-08, 23:16
Christine!!:ohmy:

Fantastic - and a big hug and a pat on the back:hugs:

It is inspiring to read about people striving to meet their fears head on!!:doh:

Well done you and I hope you keep achieving your goals like you have this week.

TC

Denise x