PDA

View Full Version : Hello

LittleKate
05-03-08, 15:58
Hello, I'm new here.

It was a big step signing up. I'm 27 and living in Africa but from the UK. Over the last few months I've put my constant anxiety and panic down to many things - terminal diseases, inadequacy - but today I've accepted what it is. I've had constant anxiety since September, to the point where going out takes all of my strength but I still do it.

If anyone has read Andrew Kaufman's wonderful story 'All my friends are superheroes', it has a fantastic passage in it about a girl who has such a
big chip on her shoulder. She develops a superhuman strength just to be able to support the chip. She can't shake off the chip without using her superhuman strength, but she can't use her superhuman strength without getting rid of the chip. She appears no stronger than a regular person.

I thought it was a nice analogy for what I (and probably many of you) are going through. I'd like to try to learn, slowly, how to get rid of my anxiety and this place seems a wonderful place to start.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Kate

kellie
05-03-08, 16:37
hiya kate :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes: .im so sorry you are going through this. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great ppl here. that does seem like a lovely story and yes this can be over come it just takes a lot of positive thinking and the right support. hope to talk to you im the chat room sometime. take care hun :hugs: :hugs:.

kellie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
05-03-08, 16:46
Hi Kate, welcome to NMP hun :D

You will get lots of words of wisdom here hun, we're all here to support one another.

Good to have you with us :)

Jo xxxxx

jodie
05-03-08, 20:06
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xxx

Nibbles
05-03-08, 20:31
Hi Kate and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

sandbanks
05-03-08, 20:52
:welcome: kate
nice to meet u, look forward to chatting.

the only day wasted is a day without laughter.:yahoo:

take care
sandy:flowers:

chalky
05-03-08, 20:57
Hi Kate,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

Signing up is a great step!
You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

jill
06-03-08, 00:26
Hi Kate :hugs:

:welcome: welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

heidi
06-03-08, 00:28
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/rainbow.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way..........Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

Lindalou64
06-03-08, 12:04
Hello Kate And Welcome ..........i Wish Ya The Best.........linda

groovygranny
06-03-08, 19:10
Hello kate :welcome: to you!

Slow and sure is the way to go, and by joining here you'll get the help and support to do just that.

I like the analogy too, how true.

Glad you decided to join us here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
06-03-08, 19:47
Hi Kate

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
18-03-08, 19:37
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx