PDA

View Full Version : This is weird!

Kim Baker
05-03-08, 18:44
Hi! Everyone,

I have had PA's in the past but a strange thing happened about this time last night.....

I was reading my e-mails and someone had sent me some "Funnies" - there were quite a few, so I am happily reading them - when all of a sudden and I can only describe it as a "Headrush" feeling came over me:wacko:

As i looked at the PC Screen i felt very woozy and off balanced so I quickly went into the Lounge and lay down on the sofa.

I was thinking this was a PA so was waiting for all the symptoms but nothing happened and after about 5mins I got up and carried on cooking the dinner....

But since last night I keep getting a "miniheadrushes" - it is here now as i type.:huh:

Can anyone explain this?..... I keep telling myself all is well but now I don't know:shrug:

Love,
Kim x

sheba2
05-03-08, 20:16
I don't know what causes them but I get them like you out of the blue. They are what often causes my panic. I think that because I am so anxious a lot of the time that my body is bathed in adrenaline and that these cause the rush. I'll keep an eye on this post as I too would like to know the answer.

Oh yeah I've been having them for more years than I care to remember so am assuming it's nothing sinister.

Deadgirl
05-03-08, 23:05
could it be something to do with the computer, stop using it for a few days and see if it gets better?

jill
05-03-08, 23:19
Hi Kim :D

Head rushes are common with anxiety, I used to get them alot, mmm, still do from time to time.

You say you went for a lay down AND waited for PANIC, but it did not come, HAY, you go girl this IS a step forward, anxiety symptoms, DO NOT always lead to panic, you know this now. Try dame hard when any anxiety symptoms appear, keep reasuring yourself, that they WILL PASS.

What I found helped was numbering my panic, anxiety, 10 being full blown panic, 0 being normal and everything inbetween levels of anxiaty. For me a head rush on its own would be a level above normal, depending on how long it lasted and how servea it was, but I never nubered it any higher than a 2. If I had a head rush with dizzyness, this would be a 2. I would always reasure myself that it would pass and do whatever to distract myself. I would ALWAYS prase myself (hehe jump for joy) when it never hit a 10 (panic) this helped me move on a little, undersanding that, anxiety symptoms, do NOT always lead to panic.

YOU DID GREAT, :yesyes: be pround of yourself, jump for joy LOL well thats what I did LOL may sound silly, but it helped.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
05-03-08, 23:48
Head Zaps we call them - very common - I get them too

Kim Baker
06-03-08, 12:14
Thank-you! so much for answering :)

I knew if I posted, I would get some positive feedback - i feel very assured now:yesyes:

Jill, I am going to print off your post and keep it for reference Ta! Hun:hugs:

Love,
Kim X

Btw No "Head Zaps" so far.......:blush: