PDA

View Full Version : Here comes another new one!

dizzyd
16-03-05, 19:58
Finally become an active member. Been having panic attacks on and off for 5 years - I hate being alone so tend to avoid it. Manage to work (in a school) but at times feel I will have to give it up. Main worries = missed heartbeats and dizziness. I can become obsessed with feeling my pulse. Was on cipramil for about 2 years but came off them 14 months ago. Since Christmas have had the panics rearing their ugly head again. Had 2 ECGS since Christmas - all ok. Just want to live a normal independant life. Married - 1 child (9yrs) mis-carriage 2 years ago. Going (for the first time ) to a homeopath tomorrow. Find my Christian faith does give me invaluable support and reassurance but not at the height of panic.

nomorepanic
16-03-05, 20:52
Hiya Dizzy

Good to see you posted in here.

I hope the homeopathy goes well tomorrow so let us know if you get any benefit from it.

Take care.

Nicola

Karen
16-03-05, 20:56
Hi Dizzy

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tracyp584
16-03-05, 20:57
Hey Dizzy,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

jill
16-03-05, 21:05
Hi Dizzyd

Welcome to the site.

LOVE JILLXX

FAN
16-03-05, 22:18
hi welcome to the forum

fan x

Jwonka
16-03-05, 22:39
hi new 2 the site, doc tells me i'm suffering from a panic disorter.had blood testes,ecg and eye tests all fine still not convinced-feel like i am going 2 die and crying all the time. is this normal in a panic state

Meg
16-03-05, 22:56
Yes it totally is normal in an acute anxiety state to feel this .

Do go to introductions and tell us a bit more about yourself.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

linjane
17-03-05, 07:42
Hi Dizzyd,

Feel like we're old friends already!!

Good luck with the homeopath today, please let us know how you get on. I went to see a Chinese Herbal doctor last year and he gave me loads of herbal pills to take that apparently will help with my missed beats. Trouble is, they are still in the cupboard as I was too scared to try them, cuz they werent conventional meds! That from me who wants a miracle cure for my ectopics!!

Meg - Do you know anything about Chinese Herbs mine are called:-GUI PI PILLS, XIAO YAO WAN AND XANGXUE ANSHEN PIAN and I was supposed to take in total, combined 20 of each three times a day. I think the quantities freaked me out but the place I had them from has been around for ages.

Take care
Linda.

zena
17-03-05, 14:31
Hi Dizzyd.
Don't give up the job! It will be hard sometimes but if they understandable about the phobia even better.
As everyone keeps saying look on the site and see what there is to learn.
Hope all went well with the homeopath.

with good wishes

Zena

Laurie28
17-03-05, 14:59
hiya,

Welcome to the site

lucky

Tracy68
17-03-05, 15:55
Hi Dizzy
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find alot of help and support from everyone on here. I too suffer with ectopic heartbeats and used to continuely check my pulse, but that's one of the worst things to do. I've suffered with these beats for near enough 23 years and i'm still here :D i've told Linda the best thing to try and do is relax and breathe through these beats, even though i know its easier said than done. Give it a go anyway.
Take care
Tracy
x

della
17-03-05, 16:37
hi dizzy

welcome to the site i have only just joined myself but have found it very good.
i am an ex sufferer but joined to offer support and reasurance to others who may need it.
feel free to contact me or chat if u need to

take care

:)

della

dizzyd
17-03-05, 18:50
Went to the homeopath - feel encouraged - very understanding . Gave me Aconite and explained why - treating like for like. Aconite causes panic in huge doses but in tiny doses makes the body immune to them. (suppose it works on similar principle to immunisation?) Having an aromatherapy massage on Monday. So far - so good.

FAN
17-03-05, 20:56
hi glad your getting along ok let us know how the massage goes

fan x

dizzyd
21-03-05, 11:12
Had an awful weekend. No ectopics just lots and lots of dizzy spells. Total panic and bewilderment. Homeopath said she is encouraged by this? ! (Shows aconite is triggering the right nerves) Anyway I am not so confident with that - wimp that I am - so I went to Docs this morning and am on 5mg cipralex for 7 days then up to 10mg. Also having a chat with a CBT consultant. (otherwise known as psychiatrist! but prefer CBT consultant!) Happy as i have found out no waiting as such as a hospital fund I am in from my ex BT days will fund 2 visits and £450 - tests / therapy and I can go for my 1st visit within 2 weeks ! So feel down about the reverting back to meds but maybe it will work out ok in the end.

FAN
21-03-05, 11:35
hi dizzy glad to hear your gonna be getting some treatment, dont be too down bout the meds remember it wont be forever just something to help you along

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

zena
21-03-05, 12:34
Hi dizzyd.
Aromatherapy is brill...don't forget though to mention what medication your on to them.
Like Fan says the medication will help.
I've been on them from time to time.
Lets us know how your getting on.

with good wishes

Zena

Meg
21-03-05, 19:41
HI LinJane

No I donºt now much about specific chinese herbs but they can be helpful but iof tyheyºve been sitting about a long time beware of expiry dates.

Dizzyd welcome - glad you will be getting some good help very soon.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

linjane
22-03-05, 07:28
Hi Dizzyd,

Glad to hear your ectopics have gone away. Could you give me some more info on your Aconite, ie what strength etc.. I remember trying it years ago for my panic attacks but didn't know it could help with ectopics.

Don't worry about being on meds for a while, if they are helping. I have asked and asked my doc (given up now, though) for something, but they point blank refuse and yesterday got in such a state rang a Heart Help Line and even they said I am better of steering clear of medication if I can. Alright for them to say, when they don't feel like me! For the last few days I have had the shakes, ectopics, unreal feeling, churning stomach etc.. Never mind.

Hope all goes well. I did try aromatherapy massage last year and don't know if it was coincidence, but I remember that was a time when I had a couple of weeks free of ectopics. I am trying to find time to have some more, but it is hard with my lifestyle, which I know is not a good excuse.

Take care and also don't feel bad about seeing a CBT. I go to counselling once a week. YOU ARE NOT MAD OR ANYTHING we are just special people!
Love,
Linda.x