PDA

View Full Version : Close your eyes!

Bill
06-03-08, 04:24
Not when you're walking or driving of course!:D

However, alot of our fearful thoughts that create our panics enter our minds through our eyes! If we close our eyes, we can forget where we are and instead think of a "safe" place which can help to relax us.

Just as I do when I'm in the dentists chair. Closing my eyes, I start thinking of nice thoughts and nice places - escapism from reality.

Closing our eyes helps us to stop being aware of our frightening surroundings. DON'T focus on your feelings though! Focus on Nice Thoughts and ReeeLaaaaX!!!:winks:

sarajane
06-03-08, 07:44
Great tip Bill. Sometimes when I have to go somewhere that I'm panicking over, I imagine I'm going to the beach or somewhere nice, then I focus on the nice feelings these images invoke in me and focus on these pleasent feelings.
SJ

halfnormal
17-06-08, 22:04
This actually works well. I HATE flying but when I was on an extremely bumpy ride over the mountains I closed my eyes and imagined each bump was me jumping off a rock on ski's or hitting a mogel.

milly jones
18-06-08, 12:37
i find visualisation so difficult to do.

i just cant seem to be able to switch of from the world and my fears.

when i close my eyes i consolidate them, concentrate them, like when i sleep, i prefer to try and look cos i dont get any suprises then lol

any tips?

millxx

marie1974
18-06-08, 13:55
i was in the dentist chair this morning eyes firmly shut thinkin on my holiday next week hehe and before i knew it it was all done and no pain wot so ever