PDA

View Full Version : IBS Problem

Pudding
06-03-08, 14:25
Hi everyone

Can anyone put my mind at rest. I suffer with irritable bowel but don't get a lot of pain normally, just a bit of cramping and wind down low. However, I do get periods of straining to go even though I never miss a day. Lately though I have been going in the night too, not with diarrheoa, just fairly normal but I wake for a wee and after I have been I get back into bed and then get the message to go. I have tried ignoring it like the books tell you to and sometimes it works and I drift back to sleep, but every so often I get a night or 2 when it's impossible and I'm up then every hour or so going. My doctor knows and is sure it's ibs but I still worry. When I have had a week or two with no problems I'm ok, but then I get a night of this and I dread going to bed and if I wake to go to the loo I start to worry that I'm going to get the message and have to spend the best part of the night in the bathroom. It kind of takes over. Does anyone else have to go in the night?

Fran:ohmy:

sarajane
13-03-08, 12:01
Hi Pudding and welcome to NMP, :hugs:

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received any replies to this post. I just came from another post and read your comment about it.

Sometimes there can be a lot of posts submitted in one day, and it's really hard to reply to all of them.

Have you ever noticed that when you go into a shop there is no one at the check-out, but as soon as you are ready to go to the check out, there is a dozen people queuing.

It's the same with most things in life, when I was at Uni, I had to do a paper on why people always seem to end up doing the same things at the same time.

I even interviewed a funeral home about this and was told that they even have really busy times where it seems like everyone is dieing at the same time and then quiet times with no one. Amazing but true.

I've found its sometimes easier to look up other posts with the same symptoms I'm having than starting a new thread, because there is usually an answer to my question on one of these.

Everyone at NMP are really loving and caring people, sorry you have gotten off to a rough start with us.

Love Sarajane