PDA

View Full Version : is he just a fussy eater?

keelyjrs
17-03-05, 11:21
Hi, I'm trying to get some advice about my fiance. I don't know if he's jus a fussy eater or if he's got a food phobia. He won't eat cheese, eggs, cream, salad, veg, herbs, spices, or any sauces. the only thing he eats is meat and chips or roast potatoes. His biggest problem seems to be textures.. he's funny about materials as well.. he cant bear to touch velvet or velour to name jus a couple

Laurie28
17-03-05, 13:21
Hiya,

I couldn't tell you if he has a phobia. Has he always not eaten these foods? or has it been all of a sudden he has started not eating them?

lucky

vernon
17-03-05, 13:38
Hi Welcome to the site. Not sur if it a phobia or not, but I have 5 kids and they are so different in eating abits maybe it just he was brought up to eat what he pleases like lots of kids then they wont even try any other types of food. Vernon

FAN
17-03-05, 17:45
hi not sure on this one but i do have the habit of not eating anything that i was forced to eat as a child........tinned meat! god i still get nightmares
when did this start or has it always been this way with him?

fan x

Karen
17-03-05, 19:46
Hi

I'm not sure if this is a phobia but I suppose it depends on how he actually reacts to these foods. Does he not eat them because he simply doesn't like the taste or texture of these foods? If so it might just be that he is a fussy eater. If, however, he gets anxious or even panics at the mere thought of eating them or when faced with trying to eat them then it could possibly be a phobia, possibly to do with the texture.

How much does this affect his life? If it is a big problem for him perhaps he could see his doctor for some help with it.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

flower
20-03-05, 19:52
im just the same i wont eat certain foods and i hate the feel of certain fabrics such as velvet. i dont have a fear of this things. but i know my brother has a fear of strawberries, which is weird. as karen siad who much does it effect his life and is it a massive problem?

'the man that flew into space from his apartment'

stuart39
19-05-08, 19:38
err...whats with Cagney & Lacey Karen.....do you set your alarm for 6am weekdays and watch the repeats on ITV3 (like me)!!!

artistguy
20-05-08, 14:42
My younger brother will not eat fruit or vegetables and he has been like this since he was young. He is a fussy eater:D Nearly everyone has a dislike and maybe even fear of certain foods. It is very common.:D