PDA

View Full Version : help!!!

bluesparkle
17-03-05, 11:01
hi
im not sure if i have posted this in the right place... i keep trying to send a post but then i read it back and think that doesnt make sense so i delete it...but im determined to send it this time
i do read alot of stuff on this site which is great but i never seem to be brave enough to answer posts or go in chat room...
i have ocd which presents itself in having the need to have everything in its right order and doing things in a certain way i also suffer from panic attacks and although i dont like it that alone is not to bad but lately i have been feeling so down and alone and crying for no reason which just isnt me...
i have thought about going to the docters but then the next day it doesnt seem so important.
me and my partner split up last nov and although we had a few rough months we are mates now but im not sure if thats a good or bad thing... i like to text him or see him for a cuppa at least each day and if he is busy i get really upset...daft i know as i do not want him back and i do not have a problem with him looking for someone else...so i think it may just be my ocd etc thats playing up but i dont know...
i wont go on to much but i will answer anything honestly ... and i want to post this before i erase it again...
i just want to be able to get on with life and be happy i would really appreciate some advice please as what to do and also make some new friends...
hope this makes sense
rach

FAN
17-03-05, 11:09
hi rach.........dont be afraid to post replies or use the chat room we really are a nice bunch and you can just sit quiet and watch the chat til you feel comfortable enough to join in its not all problems we discuss in there but all sorts of stuff and its fun

hope to see you in there soon

fan x

Laurie28
17-03-05, 12:26
Hiya,

Welcome to the site. Take your time and post when you feel you are ready.

your post made total sense to me so don't worry about what you are writing

Ask any questions -

Can you maybe phone the doctor surgery and make an appointment now?

Lucky

vernon
17-03-05, 12:45
hi Rach and welcome to the site. Your post made lots of sence and we all have different problems that bother us different from others. but it is all down to our thinking and anxiety. Have you any children? tis would make iyt harder to let go of partner. Also I would visit doctor even if it does seem ok on the day becouse you know it always returns., you could ask hime about Therapy opptions to get you back out amougnst people again. Well hope you feel better soon. Vernon

bluesparkle
17-03-05, 14:09
thank you for replying...
yes i will ring the doctor as soon as i have dropped kids off at school tomorrow... cos deep down i know it always returns and i have had enough of feeling like this...i suppose deep down i was hoping it would just go away but you would think that i would have realised it wont by now...
yes i do have children but they are not my ex partners children their dad commited an unforgivable crime when my youngest was just 2yrs old...
well i feel bit better already just being brave enough to say something...
will try to get in chat room soon...
rach

della
17-03-05, 14:41
hi rach

it sounds to me as though you are beating yourself up ....please dont do that dont feel bad about seeking help from your doctor i am sure they can help u.
Try the chat room on here i am a new member and have been on chat room it is very friendly and there are always plenty of people to chat to.
I know it is difficult to deal with ocd but try to take things a small step at a time....and dont forget to allow yourself to feel good about your achievements ....or your failures after all at least you tried and thats what matters.

take care
della

Laurie28
17-03-05, 15:04
Rachel,

Just a thought..

Before going to the doctors write down what you are feeling/symptoms etc

I know that when I spoke to the doctor I forgot everything/mumbled and was out of there in 2 minutes flat without the doctor really knowing what I was talking about - leading me not getting help under a few months later

At least if you write things down you can always hand the notes to our GP

Let us know how you get on

Lucky