PDA

View Full Version : Cold that won't go - scared

Emira7
07-03-08, 10:46
Hey All

i think I have sinusitis, I have had it before, had this cold for two weeks and I cannot get rid of it. Its all in my face.
Anyway I am going away this weekend with the other half and kids, and I am scared. Not sure if I need antibiotics. Or should I go to the chemist first and see if sudafed helps or something.

I am scared that the infection will spread :ohmy: and I will get a bone infection or meningitiis. I always do this when we have to go away.
Last time we went away, i was so wound up the whole time about the ectopic beats I was having and stuff.

I have an appointment with my Doc on Monday to review my medication. Maybe I should wait til then

I hate feeling like this. I don't want to ruin this break for us all
x

hannax
07-03-08, 10:54
hi i definatly think u shud try sum sudafed,i had such a bad headache once from blocked sinus i took half a sudafed and it took the whole thing away,have a great trip xxxx

AtmoLav
07-03-08, 11:38
Emira,

Sinusitis is actually rarely an infection, and antibiotics rarely help. Sinusitis is generally caused by irritated, inflamed sinuses so not having antibiotics over the weekend really won't hurt. There is little to no chance of any "infection" spreading. I know this because I suffer from chronic sinusitis.

Be careful with Sudafed, if you use it for too long (more than 3 days) it will make the problem worse. Try getting some fresh air, and inhaling the steam from a bowl of boiling water with a towel over your head for 10 minutes.

And enjoy your holiday!

billbelly
07-03-08, 16:28
Emira

Try not to worry i have a sinus problem at this moment i am on antibiotics for 7 days and can already feel the difference. It is possible for it to turn infectious but is easily solved with amoxcyillin. All you may need is Sudafed as it sound s as if it is just irritated and blocked so try that first.
Go away for the weekend with some of that and if you see no improvement go to your GP who will precribe an antibiotic which will sort it!!!!

enjoy your time away!!!!