PDA

View Full Version : had the worst news ever

domino
07-03-08, 12:46
:weep:well, i just can,t beleive it, In the string of intense emotional dramas, the last thing i need is one more,unfortunatly, today i have had one more, just got off the phone , and my sister in law has breast cancer, she wants me to tell her brother as she can,t go through it all again , explaning stuff.I,m not the best person to do this as i,m extremely an emotional person myself. need some help here guys. :weep:

Horse
07-03-08, 13:24
Domino.

First of all, your dear sister in law is going to need as much support as possible. Do as she says as regards telling her brother. You say you get very emotional. That would be understandable under the circumstances anyway.

You also say, 'in the string of emotional dramas, the last thing I need is one more'........no doubt your sister in law is a bit 'p****d off' as well!!!!

Some things we have to do my friend, no matter how difficult they are.

Think of your family and not your anxiety. Be a rock for her brother. I know this is easier to say than do but one thing I discovered was that bad news doesn't stop coming just because we suffer Anxiety. There will always be something there to kick us when we are down.

Be strong my friend and be there for your family, dont forget, people can survive breast cancer.

God bless you all.

Kevin.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Lilith1980
07-03-08, 13:41
Hi Domino,

I'm sorry to hear about your sister in law, and I'm not surprised this has made you emotional.

When you tell her brother, if you end up crying hun then please don't feel ashamed, its going to be emotional for everyone involved.

I'm sure you have the strength to support her brother, you are a strong enough person to fight your anxieties each day so you have the strength there.

There is never going to be a "right time" to tell her brother this news, so I would do it as soon as you can. Find a quiet moment, sit him down, explain that you spoke to his sister today and say that she gave you some bad news but was too upset to talk directly to anyone else.

It will be ok hun, you can do this, sending you lots of :hugs: :hugs:

Jo xxxxx