PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do now?

nikk_dolittle
07-03-08, 14:56
Hey all,

I don’t know what to do now....I got referred to a CPN in January, after waiting 9 months and being dropped 4 times after being referred as I didn’t fit in the catories but I finally had an appointment which the first an assessment to see if what’s best in having a CPN or being refereed to someone else to help. Then 2 weeks after I had my first proper session with her. We spoke about most things and it helped, then it was 2 weeks after that was my next appt with her. As I have counselling the other weeks in between. and It was to be like this for awhile.

But when I was due to see her again she rings in the morning to say she’s not there and cant meet me so it will 2 weeks after to see me, so I thought ok then, and just go like that but then the next week came and i had counselling. spoke about things i need to tell my CPN so i knew i could do it. the time to see her came and she cancelled on me saying she was ill and had the week off. so it was 4 weeks not seeing her, then I had counselling and didn’t take notice of not seeing my CPN. Then i was ill so i didn’t see her as its a 45 min walk to the hospital from where i live. so now its last Friday and its 7 weeks with nothing from my CPN and not even seeing her. So i was staying calm all day as my Appt was 2pm and I managed ok and got through things and took my mind of going and mum was going to take me for a change but at 1.50pm the receptionist rings and says she’s on a crisis and needs to cancel my appt. the receptionist said she will ring on Monday and nothing she didn’t ring at all. So I tried to ring yesterday and she wasn’t there and I got told to ring back so I did and I ended up ringing 3 times in one day and still nothing back. Sooo….I tried today twice this morning and I got told she’s out of the office, and will be back soon to ring me, still nothing, so I tried ONCE MORE this afternoon and I got told she is off work today and wont be back till Monday. What am I meant to do…I just want to talk to someone and open up to them…she doesn’t realise how scared I am all the time, I cant do anything without being scared. Its 8 weeks now since I’ve seen her. Its causing more and more and more pain to me, I have things I need out but I can’t, I have no trust in her now and it takes me awhile to build it up on people.

I’ve had sooooo many excuses and every time I ring its different.

I know people will say I have counselling and that’s enough but after over 7 years of self-harm and I’ve stopped now but I could go back any day not that I am. I cant go back to it, its not the answer, I want to be ok and not scared to move or do anything…..
I know I should complain but I’m scared to do it, its also really hard as I’m terribly scared to use a phone but I try as I want to get better, she doesn’t care.

What do I do? I’m sat here crying as I want to let things out and I’m hurting badly. I feel no-one wants to help me, especially ‘professional people‘. Why? What have I done? Is this right to be treated like this?

Please help me…(sorry if its confusing I just dont know what to do)

Nikk xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

amandaj
07-03-08, 15:04
hello nikk xx

firstly you deserve help so you really need to push get your gp involved . make him ring them and demand an appointment urgently, id like to also say well done on not hurting yourself thats excellent progress you should be proud of yourself ,dont give up help is about its just not easy to get sometimes but you really must push and push let me know how it goes , get on the phone ring gp now let him sort it you know where i am if need me

amanda xxxxxxxxxx

sheba2
07-03-08, 22:19
Hi nik

That is appalling treatment and you deserve better. Unfortunately the system is so over crowded and there are not enough people to help. Yur cpn is possibly having a bit of a rough time to but that is of no help to yu. My sons cpn was not great either and he found that difficult. I would go back to the docs and tell them that this is making things much worse for you and see if they can offer any help. Ask your counsellor to help too. You can always phone MIND's helpline and see if they can offer any advice or help. Good luck and hang in there you are really making great progress

Lilith1980
08-03-08, 08:21
Hi Nikk

I agree with the advice that Amanda and Sheba have given. Just wanted to add my bit though about how poor you have been treated hun.

But get other people involved and I am sure they can help you :hugs:

Jo xxxxx