PDA

View Full Version : Another Newby

clymout
07-03-08, 17:24
Hello all,

My name is Jo and I'm new here though not new to our shared experiences of panic attacks!

I've experienced full blown attacks in the distant past when I've been overstressed and I'm currently suffering again. The trigger this time? A wonderful surprise 40th birthday present from my husband - a trip on the Transiberian Express, Moscow to Beijing - a trip I've wanted to do all my life.
We leave next week and as the date draws closer, my anxiety levels have been going through the roof as I've imagined every possible disaster both on the trip and for my children who are going to be well cared for at home whilst we are away. Last Saturday I had a full blown panic attack on a busy train. My best friend was taking me out for the day to Bath - I felt so drained afterwards we had to turn right around and come home again where I spent three hours sleeping it off!!! Soooooo unlike me!!! No coincidence that it happened on a train - I will be spending the best part of two weeks on one very soon! I've just now got back from my extremely busy hairdressers where I had another attack mid-trim! Horrible!

Finding this site is a godsend - just to know that there are others out there knowing what I'm going through - I've always felt so weak and silly when I try to explain to people who don't experience them. I'm having a good cry as I type because it feels such a relief to finally share this with others who understand. And I've already found some great tips about suppliments to take - I will be off to the health shop tomorrow and will try and keep practicing the self help tips. Seven days and counting until we leave! Deep breaths all round.

So nice to meet you all.

Jo :scared10:

Nibbles
07-03-08, 17:39
Hi Jo and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I'm sorry you've been suffering recently and wish you the best of luck with your trip. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

bottleblond
07-03-08, 17:48
Hi Jo!

WELCOME to NMP!!!

You came to the right place. It's a brilliant site with lots of help, inforamtion and not to mention, lovely members!

Take care and good luck

Lisa
xx

groovygranny
07-03-08, 20:28
Hello Jo:welcome: to you!

First ,have a big :hugs: !!

Wow, what a chance of a lifetime!!

Please, please try not to let your nasty experiences of late put you off though - this is just the fear arising from the anxiety causing more fear and anxiety, if you see what I mean:wacko: ! In other words it's a viscious circle, but one which can be broken.

A lot of us here swear by Rescue Remedy and I can't extol it's virtues enough! Works every time for me.

Glad you're here as you'll get so much help and support as you wait for the Great Day! And you won't forget to tell us all about it upon your return will you?:)

PLeased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lilith1980
08-03-08, 08:14
Hi Jo

Welcome to NMP hun :)

You'll get lots of great advice and support on here.

Jo xxxxx

Wolfie
08-03-08, 10:38
Hey Jo!!!

Welcome to NMP!!! :) :) :)

You'll find tons of advice and support here hun, and we're all here for you!

Nice to meet you hun! :)

Wolfie xx

clymout
08-03-08, 11:55
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Everything you say makes total sense!

xxx:doh:

chalky
08-03-08, 11:57
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Have a fantastic trip.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
09-03-08, 04:15
Hello Jo And Welcome ........you Are Def Not Alone And I Know You Will Make Your Trip........just Bring Things To Keep Ya Busy I Wish Ya Well.............linda

sarajane
09-03-08, 07:32
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/Welcome(17).gif

Welcome Jo to NMP, you will make loads of great friends here.

Love Sarajane

nomorepanic
09-03-08, 16:26
Hi Jo

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hopefully we can get you back on track to make that trip next week!

heidi
13-03-08, 00:34
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/HELLO.jpg

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way... Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

trac67
18-03-08, 19:33
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx