PDA

View Full Version : feeling panicky/weird

cassi23
07-03-08, 18:05
Hi all,

Im generally getting on ok with this whole panick/anxiety lark, its almost gone i think, well, what i mean is that i dont notice it anymore most of the time.

Today though would appear to be a bad day - i just woke up with the anticipation of all my panick symptoms which iv been able to hold off till now.
Just had a surge of adrenaline sweep through me... got the old

* Lump in throat
*Difficult to swallow
*Restless
*Nervous
*Severe dread
*Need to escape - although i didnt as dh was in the bathroom.

It passed within about 20/30 second and im fine again now, I know its now not that bad when it does happen - but im so scared of the feelings that im scared of when its going to happen next - i hate anticipation, thats my anxiety creeping back in.

Oh well, hope you are all finding ways to cope with these dreaded and awful happenings that we have to live with :(

Love Cassi xxxxxxx

bet
07-03-08, 19:16
Hi cassi

It sneaks up on me like that also.I am so much better than when it first surfaced but there are some days it can be quite bad.

bet x

Bill
10-03-08, 02:01
I think this is probably one of the most common "causes" of panic attacks........

im so scared of the feelings that im scared of when its going to happen next.

It's the "fear" of the symptoms that causes alot of panic attacks to occur because being afraid of the symptoms puts us on high alert and constantly tense, and so we feel panicky all the time about every "odd" symptom we feel which in turn makes us panic...so brings on our panic attacks.

We need to remember to focus on the first part of your sentence....

I know its now not that bad when it does happen.

............because once we are no longer afraid of the symptoms panic attacks produce, they don't come back and even if one is then triggered by something in our lives, we've learnt not to be afraid of it and so it doesn't affect us as it did before.:hugs:

However, I know theory is Easy....and putting into practise is Difficult!:hugs: