PDA

View Full Version : Hi - I'm also new here

ClareR
09-03-08, 16:57
Hi everyone - my name is Clare and I live in Sheffield. I have been suffering really badly from health anxiety since the beginning of December last year. I am currently taking an anti-depressant ( which I'm really trying to stop so I can at least have a glass of wine every now and then ) and a beta blocker to stop the horrible heart pounding and palpitations. I feel really awful most of the time but it's so nice to be able to share with people who probably don't think I'm going bonkers

kellie
09-03-08, 17:49
hiya clare :welcome: to nmp. i also have bouts of health anx so i know how you feel and no you aint bonkers. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great ppl here just like i have. we have a great chat room and i would love to talk to you in there sometime. take care clare :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chalky
09-03-08, 19:37
Hi Claire,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

groovygranny
09-03-08, 20:22
Hello Claire :welcome: to you!

'Course you're not going bonkers - you're among friends here lol!

Have a look at the information pages in the links on the left of this page - there are some cracking personal stories too.

Loads of people to understand and support you here - glad you joined us!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
09-03-08, 21:24
Hi Clare and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

ClareR
10-03-08, 09:14
Thanks for the replies and the support so far
Clare
xx

jodie
10-03-08, 10:37
hiya claire

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

manmoor
10-03-08, 11:15
Hi Claire,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
10-03-08, 12:31
Hello Clare And Welcome............i Wish Ya Well.........linda

Hope 2
10-03-08, 12:38
Hiya Claire :D

Just sayin hi ..........and it really helps to be a bit bonkers around here lol.
It's a top move you have made hope u get what u need :D .

Best wishes
Hope xx

Lilith1980
10-03-08, 12:43
Hi Clare

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

nomorepanic
11-03-08, 20:04
Hi Clare

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

heidi
13-03-08, 00:05
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/HelloRoses.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way.... Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

sarajane
13-03-08, 12:54
http://img.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images/welcome%20graphics/non~animated/prod_443_19622.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/getcode/welcome_graphics/non~animated/prod_443_19622.gif.html)

Hi and welcome and just to repeat what Hope said, so delicately by the way 'it does help to be a bit bonkers', its the non 'bonkers' that we gotta watch out for.

Welcome to NMP Love Sarajane

cankat
13-03-08, 18:38
Hello Clare, I'm new here too but sounds like I've got similar problems - health anxiety manifesting in a constantly pounding heart and sometimes racing pulse and chest pain. I have been offered beta-blockers and anti-depressants but have been too scared to take them because of the horrible potential side-effects (daft, I know) so was wondering whether the drugs do any good for you and whether you've had any side-effects?
Thanks!:)
Can.

clairev
13-03-08, 18:49
Hi Claire,

Im also a claire,

welcome to nmp, like you say to be able to talk about what you are going through with people who know just what its like to suffer really helps. I have suffered from anxiety for a number of years and i have bad and good episodes. ranging in how bad they are. I am currently learning to try and stop the negative thoughts before they get into panic, its hard work but i can see its helpfull

im here if you need to talk from Clairev

trac67
18-03-08, 19:29
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx