PDA

View Full Version : update

davidbrighton
17-03-05, 15:48
hi everyone:) thanks again for all the messages left for me on introduce yourself! some people asked for an update- well yesterday the doctor had my various 'health' test results and they where all clear- which was great as now i know i can start focsuing entriely on the panci attack problems! strange isnt it that it is actually a releif to find out what is casuing the problems! as i quess everyone here will know- having to be checked out for physical condtions actually adds to your anxiety- catch 22 situation with out a doubt. I have another visit to the doctors on moday to look at referrals for anxiety managment etc- Things seem to have calmed down slightly from monday and the supermarket experiance- i actually managed to do the shopping today! I am worried about next week as have to travel to bath on my own - have interview at the university as i hope to start phd studies- its strnage as dont mind travelling on the train and have been to bath before- but alwways before panic attacks started- when i picture muself in bath for the night i already feel anxious about it- though the ends will be worth it- well thansk again everyone -take care david;)

sal
17-03-05, 15:58
Hi David

Sounds like you have achieved quite a bit and are sounding a lot better.

I am sure you will be fine next week, and best of luck with the interview.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Tracy68
17-03-05, 16:02
Hi David
It must of been such a relief to get all the results back clear, thats great news. Don't forget to keep posting and let us know how you get on with the interview.
Take care
Tracy
x

FAN
17-03-05, 16:16
hi glad the tests show every thing is fine that will be a huge relief for you

fan x

seh1980
17-03-05, 17:26
Glad to hear that the tests results came back ok!! It's nice that you now know that it is panic/anxiety for sure and can just concentrate on that. Let us know how you are getting on..:D

zena
17-03-05, 17:41
It is amazing when you get test results back that do confirm that you do suffer from these attacks. Now is the 2nd step. To get the help and visit this site for all the well dones for every small step you take.
The Bath visit you have to tell yourself will be fine. ALWAYS think positive.

with good wishes

Zena

Karen
17-03-05, 17:44
Hi David

It is good your tests came back clear and you are going to be discussing referrals for anxiety with your doctor.

Well done on getting to the supermarket today, which is good progress already.

Try not to worry too much about going to Bath next week. This is classic anticipatory anxiety and is often worse than the actual event. You've done it before and can do it again. Aim to take one day at a time rather than worrying about tomorrow or next week.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
17-03-05, 18:55
David

Great news eh? Now you have to work at overcoming the panic etc.

Good luck for bath next week - dont forget the rescue remedy in some water and you will get through it.

Thanks for the update.

Nicola

bubbles
17-03-05, 20:08
David,

Good news from the docs. As you say, you can now concentrate on the 'real problem'.

Hope all goes well in Bath & at your interview.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.