PDA

View Full Version : feeling heart beating !!

Angel64
09-03-08, 21:55
Bit of history, I am practising overcoming agoraphobia and general anxiety.

I am going out more and accepting anxious feelings and going with them.

However a new symptom seems to have arose, and for the last week, I have been aware of my heart beating. Sometimes just feels like a fluttering feeling, but othertimes just like an awareness of it beating. I am not really scared of this but would like to know if others have it too.

I do have an underactive thyroid and take 50 mg thyroxatine daily. Just took my blood pressure and it is normal 132/80. Pulse rate 76.

I know we can get unusual symptoms as our bodies are being re-trained.

Please advise.

Christine xx :flowers:

decca
09-03-08, 22:27
Hi Christine,
Well done for beating your phobia , yes I used to be constantly aware of my heartbeat, whether I was indoors, sat in a chair or outdoors walking around and would panic if I felt it starting to race ,but it does get better as your confidence grows.
I know it's not nice but so long as it's a regular beat ,just ignore it and you'll gradually become less aware of it.
Keep up the good work,
Decca.

Dying_Swan
09-03-08, 22:30
Hi Chris.

Yea I am often aware of my heart beating. It's annoying but you just have to try to ignore it.

I notice it especially at night when I'm trying to sleep. Sometimes I can hear it when my ear is against the pillow and it drives me mad!

I went through a phase of having palpitations a few years ago and noticed it all the time then. Once I stopped worrying about it, I stopped noticing it. (Just as I typed that I had a palpitation :huh:)

Glad to hear you're doing so well

xxx :flowers:

decca
09-03-08, 23:03
I still get the pillow bit,but I find it sorta reasuring.
Decca.

Angel64
09-03-08, 23:06
Thanks for the replies, just think when its a new symptom it seems so scary, plus evening seems to make you think more vividly.

Take care. Christine xx :flowers:

decca
09-03-08, 23:17
You're very welcome , we've all been there, you're not alone.
Decca.

Rachey poos
09-03-08, 23:36
May be you would like to log onto my blog.... story of my life with constant palps etc...stress and anxiety xx

dlou84
10-03-08, 15:57
I get this.. I also see my pulse beating in my neck and if i look at my chest I see it beating in and out.. scares the hell out of me

decca
11-03-08, 10:06
Yep, and in the front of the elbow and in the stomach,I can even feel it in my fingertips if i'm resting on something .All perfectly normal.
Decca.