PDA

View Full Version : better with or without

bet
09-03-08, 23:44
I have been gingerly taking 5mg of citrol ( a generic form of citalopram)prescribed by the doctor.Its a tiny dose but I still feel side effects (even the doctor agreed I was having side effects)

I was at the doctors(again) last week and she prescribed cipramil (the originial form of citalopram) for me.

I am meant to start on 10 mg tomorrow and a few days later up it to 20mg.Maybe its me or the anxiety taking charge but I think in ways I was handling the panic/agora better without any milligrams of citalopram.

I understand about having side effects etc.The doctor said they can last in some people for about 3 weeks.At the moment I'm just going to wait and see how it goes for me.

bet :)

shakygirl
10-03-08, 13:21
I am just starting 3rd week of citalopram and I must admit that I feel that I am more anxious now then when I started it. I am going to give it another week and then see how I feel. If still feel so up and down I will go back to dr.

joy
10-03-08, 13:51
I'min the same position only six weeks into sertraline.When you you give up does anyone know? I would have thought I woud feelbetter by now.On the highest dose.just written tothe shrinkfor his advice

Joy

willitstop
10-03-08, 18:15
you have to give the drug time to work im currently on day 15 and feeling alot better than i was so i would say be patient and hopefully it will all be worth it in the end :)
i started on 20 mg

chalky
10-03-08, 18:47
Hi Guys,

Patience is key.
All drugs take time to work and for the side-effects to calm down,if ever.
Having a positive mental attitude will help.Understand that the drug alone is not the solution but is part of the answer to your problems.Keep doing the distraction work,take your Meds and keep telling yourself that you are on the right path.Do not let the negative thinking undermine your positive actions.
Best wishes,
Chalky