PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

Cheese.On.Toast
10-03-08, 17:32
Hi, I was deliberating whether to introduce myself or not through fear that no-one out there would reply but here goes nothing.

Im Claire, im 16 and im in my last year of secondary school, im currently unable to attend because of my social anxiety and depression... ive lost contact with the majority of my friends and im feeling very alone. Ive had help in the form of counselling and cbt but to no avail...

Im not sure where to turn to and came across this site and it looked promising, i know theres other people out there who are suffering just as badly if not worse then i am and would love to meet some people who are going throug similar circumstances.

Look forward to speaking to you

Claire
x

chalky
10-03-08, 17:41
Hi Claire,

Welcome to the Forum!!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
You will find lots of people your own age and also oldies like me- a grandparent!
You are doing really positive things about your health!!
Keep up the good work.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
10-03-08, 17:42
Hi Claire

Welcome to NMP :)

You'll find lots of great advice and support on here hun.

There plenty of people who can relate and a good few who are around your age too (unlike me who is an old fart! lol).

Keep posting hun, getting things off your chest and sharing them with the forum has been one of the best things I have found to enable me to understand my anxiety better.

Look forward to speaking to you again :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

bottleblond
10-03-08, 17:53
Hi Caire,

WELCOME to NMP!!!

There are people the same age as you on here with similar problems so don't think you are on your own!! us oldies can somethimes give good advice too :whistles: lol

Anyway nice to see you here and i hope you enjoy the site and make some lovely friends!!

Take care

Lisa
xxx

pink daisy
10-03-08, 18:29
Hi Cheese on Toast

lol... I am actually eating cheese on toast as i am writing this!!

I am Kate, welcome to nmp you will find alot of friends here that will help with your anxiety, there r a few here around your age and actually alot of us act your age even me and i am 29 lol.

Hope to speak to u soon

Pink-Daisey x

groovygranny
10-03-08, 19:21
Hello Claire:welcome: to you!

I'm GG and I'm 17 - in a 53 yr old body lol !!:scared15:

Anxiety isn't a respector of any age so you'll not be alone here - and age doesn't bother us here anyway!

The links on the left might prove useful and helpful to you - and the personal stories are very good.

We all support each other here so you'll be just fine!:hugs:

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

kellie
10-03-08, 19:22
hiya cheese on toast :welcome: aboard. its great to have you here. im 37 but 18 in me dreams :D . you will get lots of support and good advice from all the great ppl on here. we have a great chat room where you can talk to us all. my daughter comes on here she has anx and panic dissorder and aint attending school either.she also has anxiety counselling and cbt so you to will have loads to talk about.and she has also lost touch with all her friends ( some friends they are). anyway it will be lovely to talk to you .
take care hun:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nibbles
10-03-08, 22:01
Hi Claire and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Dave777
11-03-08, 06:05
Hello Claire and welcome, you'll find lots of friendly people here.
Could you take a first step by trying to contact some of your mates?:flowers:

Lindalou64
11-03-08, 11:12
Hello Claire And Welcome .........i Wish Ya Well.......linda

nomorepanic
11-03-08, 20:03
Hi Claire

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

heidi
13-03-08, 00:14
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/rainbow.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way... Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

sarajane
13-03-08, 12:24
http://img.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images/welcome%20graphics/animated/prod_440_19581.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/getcode/welcome_graphics/animated/prod_440_19581.gif.html)
to NMP,
you will meet lots of people here that will help you or just listen if you need a friendly ear.

There are lots of people your age here so you're not alone, plus all you young'unwrinkled' ones help to keep us mature ones feeling young.
:yesyes:
Lots of Love and a BIG welcome
:hugs:
Sarajane

trac67
18-03-08, 19:31
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx