PDA

View Full Version : My theatre trip

seh1980
17-03-05, 18:13
hello guys and gals,

I would like to tell you all about my trip to the theatre last night. I went with a mate to see "Kiss me Kate" in Newcastle. Normally, I make sure that we have seats on the end of a row so that I can escape if necessary. Well, last night we were stuck in the middle of a middle row on one of those scary hanging balconies. We were all squashed together like sardines!! [:O] Everytime someone moved in their seat, it honestly felt like the whole balcony was moving and I swear I could feel myself falling forwards[No] It was a horrible sensation and caused to me to sit there panicking for the first half hour..

I was so releived when my mate told me during the intermission that she found it quite scary as well and she doesn't suffer from anxiety at all!! It made me feel a bit more ok about it. We managed to sit in much better seats during the second half and I was able to really enjoy the production, which by the way was FANTASTIC..

The best bit was at the end when...don't know if any of you know Michael Greco was plated Bepe in Eastenders (I'm an Eastenders freak)..well, he was in the play and I met him afterwards and got his autograph. He was so nice and even though I just stood there completely tongue-tied like a fool, I was so excited to have met him. Sad, I know.

All in all, a very enjoyable evening so I still haven't manages to conquer my fear of sitting in the middle of a bunch of people...any suggestions??

Sarah :D

sal
17-03-05, 18:56
Hi Sarah

You have managed though hon because you sat there and watched the first part even though you felt uncomfortable. Like you say your friend felt it wasnt right either. You have done really well.

You lucky so and so meeting him, i bet you seemed fine when he met you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

FAN
17-03-05, 19:19
brilliant ........well done :D

fan x

nomorepanic
17-03-05, 20:08
Sarah

When I was still at my height of anxiety I booked tickets to see Joseph. Never even thought about where the seats would be. Of course we got there and they were in the middle of a row and it took me about 30 mins to settle down and stop getting anxious.

I coped by focusing completely on the show and singing along under my breathe. It took my mind off it and then I settled down. I figured that if I needed to get out then I would have to disturb all the people but I never needed to in the end.

I still book seats on the end now cos I feel more comfortable and don't feel as though I have to prove I can do it just by booking a seat right in the middle

You did great!

Nicola

seh1980
18-03-05, 17:26
hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your kind words!!:)

Nic - I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who feels the need to sit on the end. I guess I should just be happy that I am able to go to the theatre at all as a while ago I wouldn't have had the courage to.

Sarah :D