PDA

View Full Version : Introducing me

LadyForestPink
11-03-08, 13:34
Hi everyone,
I am an advanced neonatal nurse practitioner. I get anxiety/panic attacks and have palpitations. I had my first major episode about 4 years ago, a year after my mum died from a heart attack at my house and I tried to resuscitate her and failed. I became convinced I was dying and thus the panic started. I ended up on seroxat for about a year and then was ok for about a year when it happened again. This time I ended up on citalopram for about 8 months. In all this time I managed to work for all but about 2 weeks which was a bit of a struggle. At the moment I still have moments of panic but am just on propanolol for palpitations. Hope this is the sort of info wanted on here.
:hugs:

yorkylover
11-03-08, 13:36
Hi and :welcome: You will get lots of support here and friendly advise.We all know how you feel,your never alone here.:hugs: :hugs:

Lindalou64
11-03-08, 13:57
hello ladyforestpink and welcome.........wish ya well...........linda

Lilith1980
11-03-08, 13:59
Hey hun

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

pink daisy
11-03-08, 14:08
Hi Lady

My name is Kate, i am 29 and i suffer from agoraphobia
Welcome to nmp i hope to chat to you in the chat room somtime x

Kate x

kellie
11-03-08, 14:42
hiya ladypink :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D. what a nasty experiance you have been though. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great ppl here. i hope to talk to you in the chat room where you will be made very welcome. god bless you lady, take care.:hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxx

groovygranny
11-03-08, 18:05
Hello ladeyforestpink:welcome: to you!

You'll be made very welcome here - plenty of people to empathise and support you.

There is also very helpful information in the links on the left there, plus some very good personal stories which you may find encouraging.

Glad you decided to join us here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

chalky
11-03-08, 18:08
Hi LadyForestPink,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
11-03-08, 20:02
Hi there

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
11-03-08, 21:05
Hi Ladyforestpink and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

heidi
13-03-08, 00:02
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/HELLO.jpg

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way....Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

sarajane
13-03-08, 13:47
HI, and welcome to NMP,
You have had one of the 'most feared of' experiences happen to you with your mum, the only other one as great is the losing of your own child. You will recieve loads of love, support and understanding here.

You will also meet loads of new friends with lots of life experiences in common to your own.

Great place to hang out here - Since I moved in here, with my blankets and all my personal belongings, my kids have finally grown up, due to now being motherless, they have learnt to cook, clean, wash and most amazingly find things all on their own, so its all good.

I've noticed a few have already mentioned the chat room to you which is a great place to get to know everyone, but we have an equally if not more important place to hang out, -

Quietly though, and this is only between you and me . . we have to be carful of who knows about this place as we don't want just any Riff Raff dropping in . . . .

But since you are such an important person with a career of which none of 'us mums' can do without at that - important time. .

You have an instant 'gold' membership card.

This holy and sacred place is the one and only 'Virtual Pub', with our lovely Kate as 'keeper of the booze'.

She makes a wicked cocktail, and is fairly lax with running up a tab, (don't tell her I told you that).

So welcome to NMP, this place has been a life saver to me, and will be to you as well.

Love
Sarajane

trac67
18-03-08, 19:30
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx