PDA

View Full Version : I am one step closer!!

Rennie1989
11-03-08, 15:49
Hiya all

I have been suffering from panic attacks for five years and I never got myself checked out. Because what I was feeling wasn't a 'physical illness' like a cold or rash I thought it wasn't worth checking over, and I felt embarased.

Recently my attacks started getting really bad again, I could see myself deteriating where I was getting more depressed with more frequent panic attacks and feeling even more panicky.

In February my tutor refered me to the college counsellor and after our second session he said that I should go to the doctors. I did, last week, and I had my blood test and ECG, my fiancé and mum accompanied me on different occasions. I went back today and they have come back negative but I have been prescribed Citalopram.

I feel that I am another step closer to recovering from this disease. Now that I have medication, regular counselling sessions and a supportive fiancé I cannot see why my life can't improve from now on. I maybe on meds for a very long time but if they keep me anxious and depressed free then I'm happy :)

groovygranny
11-03-08, 18:34
Hello Jadey,

What a lovely positive attitude you have!

You may, or may not have to be on meds for long - they'll just enable you to cope while you tackle any issues you may have.

Well done - I wish you all the luck in the world!

Thank you for sharing with us xxx

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb247/floflo1989/hugs.jpg

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

chalky
11-03-08, 19:16
Hi Jadey,

You are sending a really positive message!!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

Keep up the good work.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
12-03-08, 00:12
Hi Jadey,

Congratulations on your engagement and I'm so happy that things are so positive in your life now. You have made so many changes all in the right direction. Good luck!

Hugs,

Laura

pips
12-03-08, 21:36
Good On Ya Jadey.:hugs:

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

heidi
13-03-08, 13:04
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/WellDone3.gif

Hi Jadey, With the positive attitude that you have right now you will see the light at the end of the tunnel very soon. Keep up that GREAT ATTITUDE !!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: