PDA

View Full Version : Hi another newbie here

EMMA B
12-03-08, 09:44
Hi my names Emma, im 29 mother of 2 living with my long term partner.
Im a little nervous of posting here as its all very new to me.
I have suffered with panic disorder for about 8 yrs, which has gradually got worse over the years. I often feel very alone with this illness and dont know anyone else like me who understands.
My passion is my horse, and i really feel that shes helped me have a focus in life.
I do manage to work part time but find many normal every day things like shopping, taking kids out, travelling etc very difficult. There are so many things/places i avoid doing because i know i will panic. I have been on different tablets, seen a hypnotherapist, seen theropists etc but nothing has had much effect so now i try and cope in my own way. It puts a big strain on the family and i live with a constant guilt for denying my kids a 'normal' mum.
I hope to be able to meet some people on here who understand how i feel and to be able to chat with others who know what its like to live like this.
Look forward to hearing from you all,
Emma xx

sarajane
12-03-08, 10:13
http://img.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images/hello%20graphics/animated/prod_458_15852.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/getcode/hello_graphics/animated/prod_458_15852.gif.html)

Hi Emma and welcome to NMP.

The best thing I ever did was join this site.

I also felt alone and thought no one understood me or what I was living with everyday.

Everyone here is great and it wont take you long to feel at home. You will get loads for support and advise here.

Welcome and looking forward to catching up with you in the chat room.

Before I joined NMP I had never chatted on the net, but everyone was more than willing to help.

Love
Sarajane

sarajane
12-03-08, 10:15
Hi again, I just noticed you are from Australia. I am as well. I'm in NSW so its really nice to have another aussie on board. SJ

PUGLETMUM
12-03-08, 10:18
:welcome:EMMA B, the one thing you can guarantee at nmp is that you will be understood:yesyes: take care, (another) emma:D

sarajane
12-03-08, 10:20
Sometimes I put my mouth into gear before my brain has been activated. Sorry, I just realized you from the UK, it must have been my country flag I was looking at. Dahh!
SJ :)

Lindalou64
12-03-08, 13:06
HELLO EMMA AND WELCOME......I WISH YA WELL............LINDA

kellie
12-03-08, 13:24
hiya emma :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here. you never need to feel alone as everyone here understands how you feel and what you are going through. we have a great chat room where we help each other and have a good laugh as well, i hope to see you in there sometime. take care emma :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EMMA B
12-03-08, 14:21
Thanks for all your lovely replies, i look forward to chatting to you all.

Lilith1980
12-03-08, 14:23
Hi Emma

Welcome to NMP hun :) :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

EMMA B
12-03-08, 15:00
seems a friendly place here!

Nibbles
12-03-08, 15:36
Hi Emma and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

chalky
12-03-08, 21:13
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
best wishes,
Chalky

groovygranny
12-03-08, 21:14
Hello Emma:welcome: to you!

Don't worry, you'll soon find your way around - and if you need help just yell, or maybe send a pm lol!!

You're never alone here, and we all understand and support one another.

Glad you joined us, and pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
12-03-08, 22:25
Hi Emma

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

heidi
12-03-08, 23:38
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/b2befe7d.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way.....Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

trac67
18-03-08, 19:25
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx