PDA

View Full Version : StevieG Introduction to Me

stevieg
12-03-08, 13:16
Hi Everyone,

I am Steve a Yorkshireman and a newcomer to the site albeit not a newcomer to the challenges of living with stress & anxiety.

As an intro, which may sound familiar to a lot of you, my life radically changed last April when I started to get severe back problems. I had been unhappy for some time, under severe pressure in a highly paid executive job. I made the mistake of checking my symptoms on the internet and concluded that I had a serious illness - I then started the endless journeys to the GP (had hardly ever been before then) who on first visit advised that I was showing signs of stress & anxiety. As a start point I gave up my job to concentrate on my health, probably a mistake but I felt so bad.

Since then, I have had endless scans & blood tests & re-assurances (luckily for me I had BUPA cover for a while). My anxiety deepened following an embarassing A&E visit due to severe heart palpitations.

I am now trying to re-build my life and constantly striving to be myself again. I have faced some major challenges in my life but this has been like climbing Everest. I now live for each day and try not to reflect back or look too far forward - I try and get exercise every day whether my mind likes it or not and I constantly try and do things that I want to avoid.

One thing I would like to do one day in the future is to set up a centre to help fellow suffers (like the wonderful supportive work of this site) as my conclusion is that the NHS does not address the needs of Anxiety disorder sufferers. The problem is that in the early stages the longer you leave the condition to take hold the harder it is to get back to normal. It does not cater for the overwhelming experiences of panic and the need for instant support or early development of coping strategies. Medication is not always the answer!

Sorry if this is a bit long for an intro but I look forward to being a member and if I can help anyone that will make me feel better.

Living for today - StevieG

yorkylover
12-03-08, 13:31
Hi Steve and :welcome: There is lots of support here and friendly advise.Everyone here is great.:yesyes: :yesyes:

pink daisy
12-03-08, 13:43
Hi Steve

I am Kate, i suffer from agorapobia and anxiety since i was 13, i am now 29. Welcome to No more panic :)
you will make alot of new friends ere than elp you on the way of getting your life back on track!!
I hope to talk to you soon, maybe come and try te chat room out as you get to meet alot of us characters there.

you may not notice me in there as i am the quiet one of nmp i am one of the :noangel: lol

Take care

Daisey x

kellie
12-03-08, 13:44
hiya steve :welcome: to nmp its great to have you here. you will gets lots of support, advice and make some lovey friends along the way. im sure any support or advice you can offer will be greatly welcomed. we have a great chat room where we all have a good talk about things and a giggle as well.i hope to see you in there sometime. take care.:hugs: :hugs:.

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

margaret911
12-03-08, 13:59
Hi Stevie
:welcome: to nmp, I am a yorkshirewoman, hope you find this site helpful.
love Mags xxxx

Nibbles
12-03-08, 15:30
Hi Steve and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
12-03-08, 15:34
Hi Steve,

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

stevieg
12-03-08, 19:12
Hi Steve and :welcome: There is lots of support here and friendly advise.Everyone here is great.:yesyes: :yesyes: Hi Yorkylover,

My wife's a Yorky lover too - Mitzi the Yorky runs the show at our place. I only wish I had her never say die approach to life.

Thanks to all for kind replies to my intro.

Stevie G

lorac
12-03-08, 19:49
Hi Steve and welcome. You will meet lots of nice people on here with similar problems and we are all here to help each other. I have made so much progress since joining this site and I hope you do too.

You are right, getting out of this is like climbing Everest but once you start climbing you will get to the top. I totally agree there is little help out there for people with stress and anxiety related illness.

Good luck Steve

Carol

chalky
12-03-08, 21:01
Hi StevieG,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

groovygranny
12-03-08, 21:10
Hello Stevieg:welcome: to you!

Please, don't apologise for the intro - it was very encouraging!

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments in the last paragraph, and wish you well in your endeavours.:yesyes:

You'll find plenty of help and encouragement here - although we have differing anxieties to varying degrees, we all support one another.

Glad you joined us, pleased to meet you!

:)

nomorepanic
12-03-08, 22:26
Hi Steve

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

I was born in Halifax so does that count as being a Yorkshire woman. I don't live there now though - a Southerner !

heidi
12-03-08, 23:35
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/hello-3.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way.... Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

trac67
18-03-08, 19:25
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx