PDA

View Full Version : Citlopram Update

sandbanks
12-03-08, 22:44
HI ALL
BEEN ON CITLOPRAM 8 WEEKS NOW AND BEEN FEELING REALLY GOOD BUT THIS WEEK HAD A BAD ONE ,NO PANIC BUT FEELING VERY ANXIOUS, DOWN, AND TEARFULL, THE SMALLEST OF TASK SEEMS HARD WORK, MY BRAIN SEEMS TO BE ON A GO SLOW, :doh: DONT NO IF I SHOULD STICK IT OUT, JUST BAD WEEK, OR GO BACK TO DOCTORS TO UP DOSE, BEEN ON 20MG FOR LAST 6 WEEKS, IS THIS NORMAL NOW AND AGAIN, WORRIED ABOUT UPPING DOSE, HOW HIGH CAN U GO!!! AND THE HIGHER THE DOSE, WILL IT BE HARD TO COME OF THEM, AND WHAT IF U HIT THE HIGHEST DOSE AND THIS HAPPENS AGAIN!!! A BIT PEED OFF, BEEN FEELING NORMAL, AND DONT WONT TO GO BACK DOWN, FEEL DEPRESSED NOW, DIDNT FEEL THAT BEFORE, JUST SO TIED OF FIGHTING PANIC ALL TIME, THEY HAVE WORKED GOOD FOR THE PANIC, BUT NOW THINKING SAD THINGS ALL THE TIME, WHICH IS WORSE!!!!!!!:weep:

SANDY

nomorepanic
12-03-08, 22:53
Sandy

Please remember that meds aren't designed to cure panic/anxiety - they are there to assist the body's recovery whilst you take other steps to cure the underlying problems.

Are you doing anything else to help yourself?

sandbanks
12-03-08, 23:16
Hi Nicola
Thanks For Your Quick Reply,
I Have Started Gi Eating, Still Think Some Of This Has Somthing To Do With Sugar Level!!!
Doing Relaxation, And Meditation,
Is Really Strange I Have Had No Panic Since First Week Of Starting Meds, But Have Started To Feel So Low, And Horrid Thoughts, Thought Citlopram Was An Anti Depressant!!!!
It Just Seems Everyday Stresses, Seem To Get All Blown Up In My Mind, I Find It So Hard To Cope With The Slighted Thing, Was In Tesco With Hubby Monday, And He Asked What The Musturd Powder Was For , Told Him I Needed It For Ingreadeant, And He Again Asked What For, And I Could Not Think What I Needed It For, And Really Snapped At Him, "i Just Need It", He Walked Off In A Huff!!! But I Thought Christ , Whats He Got To Go On For, But When I Calmed Down, It Was Just A Question What Was The Problem!!!
I Feel Like That At The Moment The Simplest Of Tasks, Is Hard Work,
I Dont Have Anything Major Happening In My Life Just Every Day Things, So Its Harding To Deal With, When I Have No Standout Reason For Feeling Like This, I Think Its Just Me, Over The Years, My Body Has Learnt To Feel This Way.
Had Blood Test Done Few Weeks Ago, All Came Back Normal,other Than Kidneys, The Said They Were Working Slow Only 57% Got To Go Back In 2 Month To Have It Done Again,which Is Way, I Have Started Gi Eating, And Drinking Lots.
Not Really Sure What Else I Can Do!!

Sandy

cl13
13-03-08, 09:08
Hi Sandy

Sorry you are not feeling good at the moment. But please try and remember that you have been feeling ok and this is just a blip!!

I have now been talking citalopram for just over 6 weeks, and last week was my bad one. The anxiety was really bad, being sick etc and I had also been feeling good for a while. Hopefully I have now turned the corner, and you will too.

I think one of the problems with anxiety is when you wake up in the morning you ask questions to yourself, how do I feel today, oh whats that feeling, must be the anxiety etc and then it snowballs!!

I have found walking really helps, as I seem to walk it off. But stick with it, you will get there and you are not alone.

take care

Claire:hugs:

sandbanks
13-03-08, 11:32
hi claire
thanks for your reply, hoping it is just blip, and will go soon, due to see dr next week for more meds, so will see if he thinks i need to up dose, but by then hopefully will be ok, have read your posts and glad to see u are doing better, it gives people hope, and support to speak to people going through the same thing.
good luck to you
thanks
sandy