PDA

View Full Version : Cardio trace

Glitter
18-03-05, 12:03
Hi All,
This morning i got the 24 hour heart monitor thing attached. Have to remove it and take it back to hospital tomorrow.

I've had a series of painic attacks this week already, but sods law, seems i'm not too bad right now. I had taken mountains of betablockers, stupid, and then diazepam, to get some calmness restored. So i doubt the trace will show anything greatly abnormal.

I know from your posts, that people here have been monitored in this way. I KNOW my problems are psychological, so i dont see what use this trace is anyway!

Cardiologist asked me to 'do whatever i can to trigger the heart paplpatations'. After this week, first full blown panic attacks for over a year.... NO WAY!

I just want them to leave me alone.

Sad and Fed up
Glitter

FAN
18-03-05, 12:35
hi ...i think the cardiologist wants you to trigger an attack so they can see how you are during a full blown one maybe but i actually find that its almost impossible to trigger one anyway im not sure they are gonna get a very clear reading if you took all that stuff to calm you down anyway

fan x

seh1980
18-03-05, 17:14
hi Glitter,

I know how you feel but like Fan says the doctor just wants to be able to get a good idea of what it is you are going through. Good luck with it all!! :D

dizzyd
18-03-05, 17:37
Hi Glitter, I really feel for you - I understand how bewildering it can be to think that you are nearly recovered and then 'wham' Panic floods you again. I'm sure like me you will gain great reassurance from, this site. I used to think I was the only one who had scary ectopic/racing heart. Read this site and you will know just how common it is. I'm sure it will reassure you that the heart trace - even if you don't experience palpitations whilst wearing it - will show the 'health' of your heart. Remember it is showing the health of your heart after experiencing all those scary palpitations you have had in your life - and I am sure it will be normal! I really understand what you are going through - and how easy it is to give advice to others but not to be able to apply it to yourself! (I do this all the time!) Dizzyd

linjane
19-03-05, 07:15
Hi Glitter,

I think you are coping already with the ectopic beats by knowing that they are pyscological. I am still struggling to accept mine are even after the 24hr tape thing! I am sure it will come out fine and because you are already half way there, it should reassure you that your heart is ok. There are so many of us on here that have them so really they can't be that dangerous.

Hope all goes well,
Take care,
Linda.