PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

freckles
13-03-08, 12:07
Hi, my name is Cal, I'm 28 and have experienced panic attacks since i was 20, I am so glad I have found this site as i have always felt like i was the only one to feel this way.
I had my daughter 18mnths ago and since then i have really gone downhill. I have been taking sertraline for nearly a year now as my doctor said i was suffering from post partum post traumatic stress after haveing a horrible labour and birth.
I had horrible intrusive thoughts that were really hard to admit to my doctor and cpt nurse as i was worried they would take my baby away. I had thoughts of harming myself, my daughter, my husband even though I would never ever hurt anyone and i am so scared of dying that my thoughts of hurting myself seemed laughable.
I seemed to be better so my docter weaned me off sertraline in Jan 08 and i got worse, crying all the time, didnt want to go out or see anyone so once again i am taking the meds and i feel like i've failed. Now i'm waking up at 2am, 3am having panic attacks, more intrusive thoughts that i'm going to go mad and end up in home.
What I want more than anything is to just feel normal again (if there is such a thing!) and enjoy my time with my daughter who is my pride and joy so any help or support from you guys will be a great help.x:scared10:

heidi
13-03-08, 12:15
:hugs: http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/Hello-1.gif

Welcome to NMP, you will get loads of advice and support here and make many friends along the way... Don't forget to visit the chatroom !! :hugs:

sarajane
13-03-08, 12:16
http://img.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images/welcome%20graphics/animated/prod_440_19581.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/getcode/welcome_graphics/animated/prod_440_19581.gif.html)

Welcome Cal to NMP, firstly you are not going mad.
There are quite a few people here that suffer the same things as you do.

You will get loads of support here, go and look at a few of the old posts similar to what you have and read the replies.

welcome aboard
love Sarajane

Lilith1980
13-03-08, 13:33
Hi Cal, welcome to NMP :)

You'll get lots of advice and support on here hun.

Jo xxxxx

kellie
13-03-08, 14:10
hiya cal :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . there are lots of ppl here who get the same thoughts and feelings hun so you are not alone. we all understand the fear and anxiety this can cause. you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members here hun and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room if you would like to talk to us. take care cal.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

groovygranny
13-03-08, 17:49
Hello Cal:welcome: to you!

You have not failed! And you are not going mad!

I say this from first hand experience - and there are plenty of others here who will say exactly the same, for exactly the same reason.

Have a read of some of the personal stories that you'll find in the links on the left hand side of this page - they should prove very encouraging for you.

You're certainly not alone here, and we're glad you joined us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
13-03-08, 19:31
Hi Cal

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nibbles
13-03-08, 21:38
Hi Cal and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
14-03-08, 00:05
Hello Cal And Welcome ..i Wish Ya Well.....linda

freckles
14-03-08, 10:41
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the support, it is really appreciated, this site has helped so much already.x:)

trac67
18-03-08, 19:24
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

chalky
18-03-08, 20:25
Hi Cal,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky