PDA

View Full Version : Monk?

Lilith
18-03-05, 15:56
I'm not sure if this should be in the Top Tips section, but it's something that has been helpful to me.

There's a television show here in the U.S. called "Monk" about a brilliant detective who suffers from OCD, panic and anxiety. It's a wonderful show - funny, but without ever making fun of the man or his problems.

It's been very helpful to me because I have panic/anxiety and lots of weird sensitivity issues. Watching the show has helped me a lot, because, while I still want to get better, it helps me feel like it's okay to be who I am right now.

It has also helped my already supportive husband understand even more. There are moments when Monk will do or say something and my husband will turn to me and say, "Wow, that's you."

I don't know if they show it over there, but the first season was recently released on DVD. (I don't know - are DVDs the same here as there, or are they incompatible like videotapes?) Anyway, if you can get a chance to see it, do. I think you'll enjoy it and maybe even find some comfort in it.

FAN
18-03-05, 16:01
hi.......we dont get that series over here im afraid but maybe one day we will

fan x

seh1980
18-03-05, 17:18
Sounds good - wish we had it here!! :D

jill
18-03-05, 20:22
Hi Lilith, Sarah, Fran,

The series has been showing on bbc2 for a while now.
Sorry but it has finished:(
I never watched it myself but my sister said it was fab.
Maybe they will do a re-run:D

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXXX

Lilith
18-03-05, 21:12
I found a website for the show, complete with video clips, if anyone's interested in taking a look.

WARNING - the site plays music, so you may want to turn of your sound before clicking (for those at work or if it's late at night).

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/

FAN
18-03-05, 21:29
great stuff i dont have a tv so thats ideal for me will go look

fan x

vernon
18-03-05, 21:32
Thanks lillith sound good. You can use dvd's anywhere if u have a multi regeion player

bubblestar
30-03-05, 21:13
I saw some of these shows! all part of when i couldnt get out..watching day time tv!
Quite good, as it shows how even a man who ud imagine not to have any problems couldnt touch door handles and couldnt stand hospitals incase he got sick! lucky for him he had an attractive young lady side kick that does the dirty work for him!!
If u get the chance to see it, lifts the mood a little that everyone has there little whims.
Bubble x

della
30-03-05, 22:00
they show monk on ntl channel 190

della

sal
30-03-05, 23:15
Thamks Lilith

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

zena
05-04-05, 12:01
I've seen the show as well.
It is quite funny...but gets the whole family talking about it.

with good wishes

Zena