PDA

View Full Version : Trekkie post!

Bill
14-03-08, 03:29
This is one for phoenix because I know she's a star trek fan like me!

I've just remembered an episode which in real life is so true.

There was an episode where the crew found themselves on a planet where they were forced to re-live the fight at the OK corral.

They discovered that if they believed the bullets weren't real, they couldn't be harmed so they got Spock to give each of them a mind meld so that it removed any trace of doubt.

Needless to say, they were shot at but survived because they were all blanks as a result.

Ok...point?

Well, it's the same with panic attacks. If we go out thinking they're going to happen and that they Will harm us because we fear them so much because our minds are consumed with doubt, then you can be sure that they will happen, even though they don't actually harm us.

If however we learn to go out without "thinking" about them happening because in reality there's actually nothing to fear from them even though they feel frightening, then it's quite possible to go out and be free of them..........and escape the planet we're trapped in.

Sorry I can't provide a Spock to give everyone a mind meld though!........but you don't actually need him because the power is already there...within your own mind waiting to be released.:hugs:

sarajane
14-03-08, 08:23
Your firing on all cylinders this week Bill.

Keep em coming mate. . .

Just wanted to say
http://img.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images/thanks%20for%20the%20add-thank%20you/animated/prod_452_15687.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/getcode/thanks_for_the_add-thank_you/animated/prod_452_15687.gif.html)

I need plenty of good reading and loads of 'mind' thoughts to keep me busy over the next few weeks. . .

so guess what? . . .

You're 'THE MAN' . . .

I'm reading every single one of your threads, some I ponder over, and some I offer my opinion, but to be sure to be sure, I'm reading em all.

Love SJ

Gryphoenix
19-03-08, 03:30
Yay and thanks for the shoutout! Trekkie posts are a surefire lure for Phoenixes! :D :D :D

That's a great analogy! I think I remember seeing that one or one just like it, the ending sounds so familiar. I always wondered what it would be like if I had the emotional control Spock and the vulcans do (cause they do feel emotions, they just learn to supress them). But then again, I'm pretty happy feeling 'happy' and I don't think I'd give that up just to avoid feeling panicky and anxious once in awhile! :D Kinda reminds me of the movie Equillibrium!

I think you've already provided us with Spock's sagely wisdom, Bill! :D Now I ought to be off to take a leaf out of Kirk's book and get the guts to go out and do something adventurous! :D

Rennie1989
19-03-08, 09:58
I was going to avoid this thread because it had the word 'trekkie' in it, lmao.

That is a great post Bill, we all need to understand that these panic attacks will not harm us, as uncomfortable as they may seem. We just need to clear our minds of that.

pooh
19-03-08, 11:13
LOL

LOVE this post. Spock was my first true love when i was twelve lol
And only last week I was saying to my b/f, if only i was a vulcan!!? lol

Bill can I employ you as my therapist? lol

Lynne x

lorac
19-03-08, 22:01
Lynne you can't have Bill as your therapist because he is mine lol

Bill I don't know how you do it mate but your posts are just getting better and although I am not a Trekkie fan I really could relate to that one.

You

lorac
19-03-08, 22:11
Are your trying to steal my therapist Lynne? lol

Bill I am not a Trekkie fan but I can very much relate to your post.

You truley are a man with much knowledge to share and have been a great help to me Bill and I really do enjoy reading your posts. Thank you Bill.

Love
Carol
xxx

Bill
20-03-08, 01:53
No need to fight over me!:blush: :D I'm here for Everyone.:hugs:

Seriously, it's lovely to be so well thought of so thank you.:hugs:

I'm no therapist though. I'm just the same as everyone else on here and I appreciate yours and others support just as much!:hugs:

I knew you'd enjoy this one phoenix!:D

Boldly Go, Live Long and Prosper!!!:yesyes:

lorac
20-03-08, 08:10
Didn't mean to send two messages didn't think the first went through oh well never mind.

Think I need a new computer

Carol

pooh
20-03-08, 11:30
Hey Carol!

I'd have a handbags at dawn duel with you for a date with warf...lolol

Lynne x

lorac
20-03-08, 17:15
Right Lynne let me go and find me handbag I'll be back lol

Carol
xx

pooh
20-03-08, 20:30
Carol! I'm prepared to step aside as long as I get to date Data ( especially if you've got a designer handbag.Gawd! I'd look so shabby with my £2.00 job out the charity shop LOL)

Bill what have you started?
I need help!
I'm becoming compulsively obssessed with fictitious characters from Star Trek. lol

Lynne x

lorac
20-03-08, 20:37
That Bill does have alot to answer to, him and his Star Trek.

Ok lynne you win I will settle for one of the Klingons and no I don't have a designer handbag I've got a Tesco carrierbag.

Carol
x

chalky
20-03-08, 21:14
Hi Bill,

Thanks for another fantastic post.
Best wishes,
Chalky