PDA

View Full Version : please help

Jjeni
14-03-08, 10:02
i have had a headache now for 8 weeks sometimes its worse than others for the last four days i have had funny vision like icant focus - i knwo i have posted about this already but im really lossing the plot now i havent stopped crying for three days because im so scared !! i had a ct scan about 4 weks ago - they said there was nothing there but to be hoesnt i was only under there for 2 mins top - how they could spot something in that time is beyond me !!
everyone keeps telling me to go to the docs cause its not normal to have it that long and i really need to get checked out (which to be fair isnt really what i want to hear) but i have done that - i ahve been to the doctor nearly every week for the last 8 weeks and they keep saying there is nothing wrong !! i really had enough now and im beginning to think to myself that i cant do this anymore and that i would be better of not being here because i cant do anything anyway - i cant drive cause eyes are funny - but yet nobody will help me drive my daughter about !! i cant do this anymore - im not depressed im low cause i feel so poorly but nobody will listen cause they just keep putting it down to stress and anxiety !! - i dont wanna be on my anti depressants any more because i think they causing alot of the problems headaches dizzyness nauseas etc - but i went to doc yesturday who said im gunna give you some more tablets - why ? why do people just chuck tablets at you instead of try n help you - jsut another bloody number thats it !! I am sick of this and i cant go on anymore - im on my own a single mother i dont see anyone atal cause my family dont care and i dont have any friends

helenclaire
14-03-08, 10:50
HI,
I just wanted to say that i am in a similiar position, i have had headaches on and off for weeks now and i hardly ever had headaches before that, so naturally i am worried about it, i have not had a ct scan the doctors says it could be a form of migraine or just down to hormones or stress and to take paracetamol.
The thing is if it is stress then how am i meant to get rid of it, it is a vicious circle as it is causing me stress everytime i get a headache.
I am going to give it a bit longer and then go back if it is no better i think you should also go back as it causing you so much distress, you really need to understand why it is happening and not just given more tablets, the docs seem to think throwing pills at people is going to sort everything out, when in fact sometimes all you need is someone to understand how you are feeling and talk to you.
Sorry i cannot be any more help, just thought i would let you know you are not alone.
Take care
Helen

cankat
14-03-08, 15:25
Hi Jeni,
just a thought, but have you been to see an optician to get your eyes checked? They can look at the overall health of your eyes, not just your vision and it can reveal quite a lot. Worth a go.
I get bouts of tension headaches which go on for weeks at a time. I've had scans etc all of which have been fine. I take amitriptyline to ease the tension.
Cx

Jjeni
15-03-08, 09:18
hi - yes i have been to optitions and she referred me to hospital for checks because she said my eyes were fine !! im trying not to take any more medication than im already on right now because i feel my body is just on medication overload at the minute !! however this morning i have the feeling in my left ear thats like i have water in it - like when u been swimming - but i havent had a shower yet or anything !!