PDA

View Full Version : Confilicting opinions

Jon06121974
14-03-08, 11:22
I am soooo frustrated and angry today as i went to see my psycologist last night who is trying to help me with CBT.

Ive had some very bad things happening over the last 7 months and last week i eventually convinced myself anxiety / panic had caused my problems which were as follows

Sudden attack where i lost all my energy to the extent i was shaking, sweating and vision disturbed. really thought i was going to die.

This happened every day for around 3-4 weeks and all i was told is virus or anxiety.

Anyway ups and downs over the past 6 months ive had a blood test back for liver and renal as abnormal think my serum albumin and serum creatinine was sligtly high. Ive a problem with my right eye that its always got a dark ring under it and feels heavy like adrenalin is in it?

Anyway doc says anxiety and psycologist says its not as when i have the attacks my heart rate doesnt rise?

anyone else in this boat as im lost now and really at the end of my teather.

kaz79
14-03-08, 16:26
We all respond to anxiety in different ways but to me it sounds like you have anxiety but this, in turn is causing physical problems, as it often does. I hope you get this sorted anyway.:)

PUGLETMUM
14-03-08, 16:35
:shrug: erm how does the phsycologist KNOW your heart rate doesnt rise? have you been hooked up to something when youve felt like this? also not everyones symptoms revolve around the heart. the shaking , vision disturbed and feling liek that for a while could be anxiety - beleive me it can make you feel like you are going to die! is this the first bout of this you have had? if youve been checked out at the docs then it prob is a virus or anx - docs generally know what they are talking about, we arent docs ourselves so i think you would be surprised but they are trained to pick up serious symptoms of proper illnesses and probably yours dont match any so then it cames down to anxiety? try not to worry about wha tthe pshycologist said and if you are still bothered when you next see him/her say wha tyouve said to us, that they confused you? they will be happy to explain themselves, and remember they are human too and can make the odd mistake:blush: take care emma