PDA

View Full Version : New to this site!

catz
18-03-05, 21:22
Hi :)
I am new to this site and hopefully can overcome panic attacks with your help.
I have had these for 7 years now.
I sometimes have good days, but when a panic attack comes I just can't do anything, but stay home and even if i do get out i can't face going into a shop etc.
I feel it isn't me when this happens, my head feels like someone elses, i go to pieces and just want to go home and cry my eyes out, which i mostly do.
Wouod love to make friends on here who fell or have felt the same and try to overcome this.
Catz

Diane

FAN
18-03-05, 21:31
hi welcome to the forum im sure it will really help

nice to see you in chat too

fan x

seh1980
hello Catz,

Welcome!! :)Most of us on here can relate to how you are feeling. I know I have been there myself many times unfortunately. You will get loads of support here - everyone is very friendly.

Sarah :D

tracyp584
Hey diane,

Welcome to the site.
I get the same feelings as you. It is awful i know, and can sometimes can be so unpredictable. Have you ever seen your gp or anyone?
You will find loads of support here,

Take care

tracy x x

Karen
18-03-05, 21:34
Hi Catz

Welcome to the forum. You'll find everyone here really friendly and we'll do what we can to help and support you through this.

Have you had any help or treatment so far?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

katiekatie
18-03-05, 21:35
Hello Catz

I'm in same boat as you, some days I go out and I'm fine, some days I can't go in the shop, just panic and have toget away, i know what you mean about feeling as though its someone elses head, cos sometimes i feel that i've been taken over and someone else is controlling me....

there are some really friendly people on here, mail me if you want to chat.

katiekatie x

vernon
18-03-05, 21:35
hi catz welcome to the site u will get lots of help here.

della
18-03-05, 21:45
hi catz

welcome

i completley understand how u feel i have suffered in the past and i know how difficult it is to cope at times.
be good to yourself and take care

della[8D]

delta
18-03-05, 22:05
hi catz
sorry to hear you are suffering.

I have suffered too on and off over the last 15 years, it's a nightmare. I didn't find my gp to be much help, I found help from a book by Dr Claire Weekes, I never stop recommending it, it's helped me a lot.
Donna

bubbles
19-03-05, 00:07
Catz,

Welcome to the site.

I, too, suffer with anxiety/panic & understand how you feel.
There's lots of friendly people here who will help you through this & understand what you are going through.

Did something particular lead to the first panic attack? Have you had any help from doctors etc?

Keep posting & let us know how you are.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

clickaway
19-03-05, 00:15
Welcome Catz,

I had suffered panic attacks for about 10 years and used to take Seroxat which were successful, until this year when my anxiety seem to be deeper.

But I believe meds are not the answer. Self-help and therapy are the way forward I think.

This site has loads of advice and support.

Take Care,

Ray

jill
19-03-05, 12:06
Hi Diane,

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

Remeber Diane you are not alone, there is light at the end
of the tunnel.
With alot of hard work support and time you CAN learn how
to feel better.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

sal
19-03-05, 13:17
Hi Diane

Welcome to the site and you will find plenty of people here who will help you get through this. You are bound to make some good friends i am sure.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
19-03-05, 13:23
Hi Diane

Welcome aboard the forum.

You can in time get over these issues by doing a little bit each day but it can be hard work and takes time.

We are here to support you along the way so stick around to see what support we can offer.

Nicola

Meg
21-03-05, 19:51
Diane ,
do share a bit more about your situation and what makes you panic and what symptoms you find the worst etc

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

zena
22-03-05, 14:49
Hi Diana, suffered the same as you. Have had them for quite a while.
One thing I have to say is stop beating yourself up because you can't do things you were able to do the day before.
Panics come out of the blue sometimes.....these can be beaten easily and then again they can be stuborn things and not go easily at all.

Talking about books to recommend.... Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway.....can't think of the author.. Just found it! Susan Jeffers.
A friend gave me her copy god knows how long ago and I've never given it back!!!
Brill book and one you can go back to if needed.
Let me know if I can help in anyway..
STAY POSITIVE.......and anything can happen.

with good wishes

Zena