PDA

View Full Version : what is it

kittykat
14-03-08, 15:57
okay im really freaking out now, just went to the loo and noticed my wee (sorry) :blush: was really dark looking , worried that its blood as you know ive got really bad back pain just now do you think the doctor has mis diagnosed me and its a kidney infection.
I'm really sorry for going on but im just so scared at the moment.

shirley xx

nomorepanic
14-03-08, 18:31
Are you taking Vitamin B complex?

kittykat
14-03-08, 18:40
nope nic,:shrug: not taking anything apart from diclofenac and co codamal

shirley x

Surgical1969
14-03-08, 18:55
What is your history kitty? Have you recently suffered a UTI? Are you currently taking antibiotics? Are you sexually active?

-DR J

amandaj
14-03-08, 19:36
hi if it was a kidney infection youd be in alot of pain ,my husband had one not long ago and couldnt walk im sure you will be finexx

giddy
14-03-08, 19:39
are you drinking enough water? if you get dehydrated it can make your wee look very dark and smell quite strong too.

debera
14-03-08, 19:44
hi kitty
if you are not drinking enough water your urine will be dark. i have had bladder infections where the urine is dark. but there is other symptoms with that. frequent urination. burning pain on urinating. but if its just dark maybe you need to just drink more water
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Mumto2
14-03-08, 20:33
I think you would know if it was a kidney infection, I suffered with them when I was pregnant and I couldn't stand, sit, walk or anything, my wee was bright red and I was sick too, the pain was also in one side of my back rather than my whole back.

I'm sure it is something as simple as not drinking enough water or eating drinking something that has caused it.

kittykat
15-03-08, 10:28
Hiya ,

thanks all for your replies,
my wee's still dark but not like it was yesterday, its just with my back pain, so painful just now, as it is situated to one side my lower left . Deep down i don't think is a kidney infection think it is more to do with the disc in my back, but when you suffer from HA you all know how your mind tends to go into overdrive. But just hearing other peoples views helps to put things in perspective.

shirley x

Tom_M
15-03-08, 10:50
Nothing to really worry about KittyKat, but you should go see your doctor if you have dark urine while taking Diclofenac. Maybe your dosage is too high or you need an alternivitve NSAID.

kittykat
15-03-08, 10:53
Thanks Tom,

i think im on the highest dose of diclofenac 50mg 3x a day , i never thought about it being the tablets , i'll keep a check on it and see my doctor if it continues, thanks for that advice .

shirley x