PDA

View Full Version : swollen glands under chin , globus and hoarseness

elitest
14-03-08, 18:22
I have been suffering from a feeling of something stuck in my throat for several months now, accompanied now for last week or so by the glands under my chin being slightly sore and a certain amount of soreness in throat and hoarseness when I try to speak for long. I am told by GP this is 99% likely to be anxiety ( the globus that is ).I then saw ENT consultant who looked down throat with mirror and said looked ok, I am seeing him again monday and asking him to do nasal camera ( no general anaesthetic)to look down throat, he wants to do full camera down throat to put my mind at ease but I am scared of another general anaesthetic. I have recently been diagnosed with chronic acid reflux which I had no idea I had and the anxiety over that may well be what sparked this off but I am so scared I have throat cancer........the throat thing isnt there when I wake up in the morning until of course I think about it then it starts up, its really horrible.....does anyone else have this combination ?:ohmy:

cantthinkofone
15-03-08, 03:02
I have had a sensation of a lump in the left side of my throat all my life, can remember being carped at endlessly by my mother for clearing my throat as a child, and I still avoid company if I find myself doing it. Fairly recently I had what felt like something like glandular fever, swollen glands in throat. Of course I get hyperventilation, anxiety, depersonalisation, all the time, all my life. Right now I've run out of prescription Zopiclone so getting a rebound of insomnia. Really don't know how to deal with it and no idea who or what I am. Really not trying to be unhelpful, just saying how I feel without hiding it.

elitest
15-03-08, 22:12
thanks for replying anyway:hugs:

NIKKIEA
03-09-08, 15:29
I have been suffering from a feeling of something stuck in my throat for several months now, accompanied now for last week or so by the glands under my chin being slightly sore and a certain amount of soreness in throat and hoarseness when I try to speak for long. I am told by GP this is 99% likely to be anxiety ( the globus that is ).I then saw ENT consultant who looked down throat with mirror and said looked ok, I am seeing him again monday and asking him to do nasal camera ( no general anaesthetic)to look down throat, he wants to do full camera down throat to put my mind at ease but I am scared of another general anaesthetic. I have recently been diagnosed with chronic acid reflux which I had no idea I had and the anxiety over that may well be what sparked this off but I am so scared I have throat cancer........the throat thing isnt there when I wake up in the morning until of course I think about it then it starts up, its really horrible.....does anyone else have this combination ?:ohmy:

This is so me, It is aniexty, stress u name it. I just had a baby 9 months ago. My baby was sick at bith and hospitalized until her death. maybe 2 weeks after I buried her my throat started to bother me. It came on like a sore throat. I started to tighten, throb, something in my throat feeling. I went to hospital (pharingitis) well I guess not. It continued clearing of throat, liquid feling in throat, hard to swallow, dry mouth, sometime shooting pain, warm feeling in throat. shorthly after gas in chest and pain, sharp pains in back, gas moved to top of rib cage and lower rib cage. I had an E.K.G, STRESS TEST AND AN ECHOCARDIGRAM TEST DONE. ALL CAME OUT GOOD.. I FEEL LIKE I CAN FEEL MY HEART BEATING. Also my nose felt blocked, like the tissues were swollen, throbbing in nose, headache in different spots, eyes hurt and feel dry, chills on cheeks without the goose bumps, ears hurting, jaw hurts, pain in shoulder joints, You name it I almost got it. Stress!!!! Help me. I hope this helps, only prayer can.:yahoo: :yahoo:

jannnne
03-09-08, 17:38
Oh yes I have exactly this at the moment.. went to docs today who said probably acid reflux gave me some tablet and said come back in a month if no better. I have slight cough, something stuck in my throat, hoarsness glands feel up and sore and generally feel crap. I am trying hard to believe her she did mention having a camera down as a last resort. My joints are sore too especially in my neck and it keeps cracking, ooh and ear ache too. I am convinced I have cancer but am trying really hard to believe her.

NervousBreakdown
10-09-08, 12:22
OMG, this is me too, been suffering from pleurisy (added to my normal anxiety woes) and recently I felt this oddness in my throat. Thank goodness for this thread. Now if I could just STOP worrying I'ld feel alot better.

jannnne
10-09-08, 14:43
How are you feeling now? any better? I am not good today....might have to darken the door of the doc again with my woes..

NervousBreakdown
10-09-08, 21:21
i'm almost certain it is in my head and not in my throat. but it is so hard to keep myself from worrying. not a good day today.

kellie
10-09-08, 23:05
This is me also
throat probs all the dam time
i go all horse when i speak to much or if i try to shout
I then have to clear my throat and it will sound like me again instead of an old women
Always feeling like there is a lump there and hard to swallow sometimes
ive noticed its worse when im stressed or anx

randomworry
11-09-08, 11:39
hi original poster,

I have a similar concern because I have recently been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and have a small goiter. This is causing me to have swallowing problems and of course i think its thyroid cancer. But in a wierd way having this is letting me deal with my other health anxieties because now i have something 'real' to worry about I have to teach myself not to be overcome by it.

Please dont worry yourself sick because it is highly likely that whatever you have is not serious and can be fixed.

all the best

mikusi
23-09-08, 22:14
Well, with very similar symptoms as most of you, my mind is in the throes of fighting off all the worst case scenarios it can fathom... and google'ing doesn't help (actually, its possibly the worst thing a worry-wort like me could do).

Right now, with a "sensation" in my throat for the last 6 weeks, I've been prescribed Famotidine (Pepcid?) for possible GERD, and Prednisolone (?) for some swollen sinuses. Its been 5 days and [thankfully] I feel marginally better. But those five days and nights were absolutely brutal on my psyche.

Still, I'm pressing my Doctor for a scoping with an ENT... and bracing myself for a finding/bad news.

meemo
24-09-08, 10:59
Try not to worry, it is such a common symptom of anxiety , if you just look over previous threads on this issue you will see. I have had a funny throat thing going on since June , it comes and goes. I have to clear my throat a lot and get hoarse like i have been shouting only i haven't. Dr says it is anxiety, i, like a previous poster have a thyroid problem so it could be this causing the discomfort but who knows. It is very annoying i agree but i am sure it is nothing sinister - please try to believe that - have faith in yourself and in your life to be well - life doesn't always have to turn out bad.

anniethepooh
26-04-09, 03:15
Hello I'm suffering from all of this at mo,the hoarsenss is really bad,are you better now?? Annie

DufusMaximus
13-05-09, 14:10

Hi Elitest...I was wondering how you are doing?

I also have had a lump in the throat sensation for 3 months now...I've had 8 visits do the Doc and am facing ENT next Tuesday. I have had the feeling of a lump in the throat (smooth), the feeling of an object stuck in throat (not smooth), hoarsness (well..more rough sounding voice) and the occasional headache and referred pain around my neck/jaw etc. I should point out that like you, my symptoms are not there on a morning but creep in when I get out of bed, start talking, eating, drinking etc. The doctor says I have either reflux or globus (or maybe both) but alas the Lansaprazole doesn't seem to be doing much (not that I was aware of any heartburn but I know that doesn't always make itself known)

I'm in a right panic but wondered whether these sound familiar to you or anyone???? Does anyone have any idea what Globus is all about...does it link up with Reflux? What is the referred pain/headaches? How long might all this last? I've had this for 3 months...been on Lasaprazole for 2 months and I don't feel much further forward.

Can anyone help me?

Daisybun
03-06-09, 23:03
Hi I have all of this - started a week ago :( been coming off my meds for about 6 months, just reduced the dose then had a bout of illness, two lots of sinusitis and a cough that would not leave. Last week, felt a bit anxious/stressed, throat started to get sore, constricted and lump in throat returned. I now wake up, throat OK, no lump, as day progresses and i talk my throat gets sore, my ears aches, my neck aches, feel like i need to clear my throat as it is clogged up. When i eat and drink feels fine, when I don't think about it seems fine.
Problem is I am singer in band, we should have been recording last week and i need to record vocals and sing live - i don't have control of voice - panic - vicious circle. You are not alone and neither am I. I am now increasing my dose of citalopram and may even have to resort to some diazepam to help relax the muscles initially.

ollie1
21-01-10, 21:21
i am experiencing the exact same symtoms as you are and have been struggling for 2 months now, i find it hard to eat without me worrying thati am going to choke..its all anxiety the doctors keep saying and have beenperscribed with strss tablets to help with the anxietyi have also been given tablets for acid reflux but nothing seems to be helping, its really quite worrying..i have now started to experience what i belive to be swollan glands under my chin and is really painful and struggling to swollow, being only 17 years of age im finding it hard to cope, i think im going to see the doctor and try to have one of them cameras down my throat just so i can be at ease..quite worrying though :S

pamella x
21-01-10, 22:09
I have been suffering from a feeling of something stuck in my throat for several months now, accompanied now for last week or so by the glands under my chin being slightly sore and a certain amount of soreness in throat and hoarseness when I try to speak for long. I am told by GP this is 99% likely to be anxiety ( the globus that is ).I then saw ENT consultant who looked down throat with mirror and said looked ok, I am seeing him again monday and asking him to do nasal camera ( no general anaesthetic)to look down throat, he wants to do full camera down throat to put my mind at ease but I am scared of another general anaesthetic. I have recently been diagnosed with chronic acid reflux which I had no idea I had and the anxiety over that may well be what sparked this off but I am so scared I have throat cancer........the throat thing isnt there when I wake up in the morning until of course I think about it then it starts up, its really horrible.....does anyone else have this combination ?:ohmy: I have had the same feelings you are having for goin on 8 wks now,and i no its really scary! i have had a course of antibiotics,an i still feel the same,raw throat horse voice swollen glands,can i just add that i have suffered from anxity since i was 20 yrs old,i am now 42,and it can give you all kinds off wierd feelings,scary ones at that! i have been worried that i have throat cancer also,your not on your own,i hope this helps an will keep you posted of my progress,hope you feel better soon pam.....