PDA

View Full Version : re.funding this site

della
18-03-05, 23:10
in order to raise funds for this site ...how about try a monthly raffle, i am sure most people who post on here would gladly give say 50p a month for a raffle number the prizes need not be expensive...the raffle nubers could be 1-500 and each person could choose their number and display it on their profile.
please let me know what u think

another idea is that we bid for small items donated by members each month.

della

FAN
18-03-05, 23:57
great idea we really ought to be doing something

fan x

KW
19-03-05, 11:37
I agree - great idea. Bidding for items would be good fun too!

KW

'Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire'
- JEAN DE LA FONTAINE

seh1980
19-03-05, 12:54
Good idea - I'm interested!! :D

nomorepanic
19-03-05, 13:17
Della

Some great ideas there.

We will need to work through the logistics I guess and sort out how to pay etc. The only problem with Paypal is that the fees are expensive to receive money - it is 20p + a percentage so we lose some money there.

The auction thing could work or we could use ebay for that too.

We could do a monthly quiz too.

Let's keep the ideas coming in.

Nicola

sal
19-03-05, 13:19
Hi Della

Sounds great but like Nic says we need to work out away of how we would pay so all the money goes to the site and not get charged for like you do on paypal

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

tattybear
19-03-05, 14:22
Hi

Id definatly be interested in raffles / bidding for items.

I use Ebay a lot to buy / sell and you do definatly get stung with charges from Paypal.

How about setting up a bank account..that way people can pay the money for raffle tickets itc straight in either Via online banking or at the bank? Just an idea...

Tatty B xx

lisarose
19-03-05, 15:22
Hi Della, that is a brilliant idea, I think we all should do something as it is such a great site which is helping so many people, Nic does such a brilliant job and so does everyone else involved and I am so thankful to her so I think we all should give something back!!!

Let me know what you come up with.
Take care all
Love Lisaxx

maxine
19-03-05, 15:28
I'm up for any of those ideas, let me know when and where and i shall happily join in.:D:D

Maxine

Karen
19-03-05, 15:56
Some good ideas there. I'd be happy to join in too.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

vernon
19-03-05, 18:23
Couldnt we bid on seeing Niola in her shorts and wet T-Shirt? and the ladies could bid on seeing me in my plumb bob shorts?

Kidding, nic i am up for anything

nomorepanic
19-03-05, 19:16
Oh Vern that will attract no money whatsoever trust me!! I do not look good in shorts and as for the wet t-shirt - hmmmmmmmm

Nicola

nomorepanic
19-03-05, 19:17
We should do a NMP calendar!!!! and sell it!

Nicola

sal
19-03-05, 19:45
That would be a good idea.

But Verny babes that is not a topless one LOL

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

vernon
20-03-05, 15:56
Nic I have a good pinup calenar will send it to u in mail will look good on pics page

FAN
20-03-05, 17:39
wow vern if your naked in the pin up send it to me!!!:D

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

zena
21-03-05, 12:30
Good idea but have to agree with Nicola with the logisitics and paypal.
Surely people would pay a yearly contrubution for the site if asked.

with good wishes

Zena

della
31-03-05, 16:28
how about those that want to help funding the site send nic a poatal order for what ever they can afford it need not be much even a pound just and idea to help out if nic set up a po box or something along those lines.

della[8)]

Rennie1989
31-03-05, 21:56
hiya

when i get a job, yes WHEN (im waiting for a reply from a shop at the mo) i could send soem money to you nic

like the calenda idea, ill be fab for december, bein my bday then, he he he

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Finally NOT SINGLE!!!!!!

Meg
31-03-05, 22:17
Hey Jade,

Thats really generous of you but we're doing fine. When you've been earning and have some spare will be soon enough .

If people have benefitted from their contact here and have a bit they can offer - then it's much appreciated, but we do not want anyone to feel they have to as we all have differing circumstances.

Also, this is a free self help site which welcomes everyone in need regardless of resources so we wouldn't really be wanting to go down the subscription road.

Seems from tonights donations that just sending Nic a bit here and there is working fine.

Many thanks all.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
31-03-05, 23:00
Think the best idea of donations to be made to Nic who runs the site is the best idea. Been wanting to give some money to her for a while but wasnt sure how to say here take this, but the other post made it easy. AFter all wouldnt we all pay for the help we get on her however much or little we could afford.

I think we tend to forget how much Nic puts in to it and thanks to Della for reminding us that is does cost Nic to do this.

Love Sal xx

nomorepanic
01-04-05, 18:55
I just want to say that thanks to all the donations yesterday I have a brand new wardrobe of clothes now!!! :D:)

Only kidding!! ;)

Things that I have to pay for is the domain name (x2), website hosting fees, the current chat room, leaflets, postage etc.

These all add up in time but I only want to cover my expenses. I do NOT want to make a profit from running this site so I will not accept more money than is needed. It was never my intention to profit from this site, I just wanted some donations towards the running costs.

We are doing well with a total of £170 in the kitty. I am going to be open about this so that you know where the money goes.

I am sure you all trust me anyway!! (Nice new shoes I am wearing now [8D])

Thanks everyone!

xx

Nicola

sal
01-04-05, 21:21
Hi Nic

Thanks for the flowers you sent from Next LOL

No i agree with you you arent wanting to make a profit but it shouldnt be down to you the cost of running such a great site and when you think how many people have benefitted from it.

Sent you a cheque today mate.

Love Sal xx

nomorepanic
02-04-05, 15:08
LOL Sal.

A big thanks to Sal and Jude for their contributions that I got today - much appreciated as I am sure you know if you got the cards I sent.

Cheers
xxx

Nicola

zena
05-04-05, 12:09
Where do you send the postal orders or cheques to??
Would love to give something...may not be huge but could do a little good.

with good wishes

Zena

nomorepanic
05-04-05, 21:20
Zena

I will send you a PM. Thanks

Nicola