PDA

View Full Version : NMP is a TOTAL Inspiration

Eclipse
15-03-08, 03:40
Hi,
I've not posted on here in.....I don't know HOW long and I have to say it's all thanks to this wonderful site!!

I joined NMP a couple of years ago & spent a lot of time in the background chipping in every now & then with replies to posts - happy to remain in the background cos of my social phobia - even on a forum!

However, unbeknown to Nic & a lot of people on here, I've gained so much confidence through their friendliness and reassurance that I haven't had to visit the site for months & months....ok, a year or more!

I can't thank everyone, I had contact with, enough but would like to mention some of you for your confidence boosting abilities even if you're not aware of them!

And so the list goes: Nic (for the site) Trac67 - I love you to bits, Pips - you're just too special for words, Alexis - I don't know if your mob number's still the same but I think about you SO often, Carlin - we're still in touch so thanks, Lindalou - I'm glad I caught up with on Facebook (poached through Trac:ohmy: )

........and to the ones who weren't even aware they'd had an impact on my life.....manmoor, honeybee3939, Dave777 & Ross(technical support) you're all GREAT people!

I'd also like to thank Monty Sloan (though he'll probably never see this) for allowing me to use the profile picture of 'Eclipse-stalking'
(wolfphotography.com) and am flattered that several latter members chose her picture for their profile.
I'm sure he would be flattered too.

I hope this site continues to thrive & give the same feeling of support that I found on it.

You're a star Nic!

Many Best Wishes
Mags
X

heidi
15-03-08, 15:28
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/heidi51/havealovelyday.gif

Hi Eclipse, Isn't it so nice to have so many wonderful understanding people in one place....and yes this site has saved many many of us! Please don't be a stranger and come and visit us, we all would love to hear how your doin, it's great to hear from the ones that have recovered and how their life is going now. Take good care of yourself and come back for a visit :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Southern_Belle
16-03-08, 17:02
Hi Mags,

So nice to hear that one has recovered and it is due to this wonderful site that Nic has created. The names you stated are special people and are still helping others!

Hugs,

Laura

nomorepanic
22-03-08, 00:32
Aww Mags what a fab post and lovely to hear from you again and thanks

Can you make the next meet-up?

chalky
22-03-08, 00:34
Hi Mags,

Welcome back to the Forum!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It's lovely to see you here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Eclipse
10-05-08, 02:54
Bless,
I've only just seen these replies so a belated thanks!

Laura (Southern_Belle) I'm so sorry I left you off the list of 'those that didn't know they'd had an impact' cos you, yourself, were one of them!!

Thank you heidi & chalky too, that's very sweet of you.

I still love this site SO much and am heartened when I do pop back & see the continued support that is going on.

Nic, I'd love to make it to one of the NMP meet-ups but would feel a bit of a sham cos don't come on the site as often as I did! :unsure:

I know the social phobia hasn't left totally (had 30 odd years of it & still have weekly knock backs) but as I said previously, I can't believe what a difference everyone here made to my life & I can't imagine how far back I'd have been without you all.

I'm now back in a 'Reception' (customer facing) role thanks to the site & it's amazing what a difference the 'hypothetical mask' can make.

If ever you do another meet up in Beds (not Bed oooeer Matron!!) I'd definitely love to come to it.

Mags
XX

Granny Primark
10-05-08, 08:54
What a great post!!!
I also think this site is brilliant.
I for one just dont know what I would have done without it and its wonderful members.
The success stories are so inspiring.
Well done on your achievements Mags.

Take care
LYNN xx

alexis
10-05-08, 10:22
Hi Mags, what a super post, yes my mobile is the same but i lost all numbers on changeover to a new phone late last year so please text, sorry we have lost touch a bit, at the moment I am so busy working long hours to pay the bills and trying to keep the house, so thinngs have gone a bit by the by.Lovely to hear from you.xxx

milly jones
10-05-08, 11:34
i think nmp is wonderful too.

dont know how many times ive relied on it

but ill keep posting my thank yous to everyone on nmp

Thanks again

millxxx

margaret911
10-05-08, 15:40
Hi Mags
What a lovely inspiring post:yesyes: :yesyes: so glad you are doing so well.
lots of love
Mags 2 lol

jo61
10-05-08, 16:14
A truely wonderful post. Can I add my thanks to all those involved in this site. I, like you, have kept in the background to some degree but the site has helped me enormously since I joined 18 months ago. I still think of myself as being in recovery but have come on in leaps and bounds since I found this site. I still visit most days and probably post more in support than in need these days. Even when I get to stage of finding a job, not so far away, I will still visit when I can.

Well done Nic, Alex and everyone else - too many to mention
:flowers:

Eclipse
16-05-08, 22:44
Once again, I'm drawn to the site tonight & every reply to my post made me smile & REALLY proud to have been/be part of this community!

Granny Primark - I remember you before you changed your name and you always had something supportive to say to other members :flowers: so I feel honoured that you posted,

mill & jo61 - you're spot on & agree 100% :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: & GOOD LUCK & best wishes to you both,

margaret911 what can I say but - not only a)thanks for the comment but b) you have an amazingly great name:whistles: hee hee!

& alexis :hugs: :bighug1: :hugs: I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!! XXXX

I'm still recommending this site & the unbelievable........no - the BELIEVABLE support you get.......to anyone that'll listen!!

As long as there is need for support I'll 'sell' NMP's corner & will never forget what it's done for me!

Mags
XXXX
Ps. I'm SO gaining in confidence that I'm on the verge of putting a picture of the 'real me' up! Ha Ha - might still take a while though!

alexis
16-05-08, 22:55
Go on, go for it, get a picture up.:yesyes: Thanks for text, will be in touch soon.:hugs: Its so great things are working out,xxxx

Eclipse
16-05-08, 23:20
Go on, go for it, get a picture up.:yesyes: Thanks for text, will be in touch soon.:hugs: Its so great things are working out,xxxx

Only said it several minutes ago alexis but HAVE missed you :bighug1: !!
Just texted you - thanks to your reply re mob....and will get around to piccy!
You're such a star Lady & really hope all's well with you.
XXXX

Cathy V
17-05-08, 00:05
hello Mags, i'm a junior member so this is the first time ive seen your posts. so its good to meet you. Ive only been a member since beginning of May but have learned so much and have so much more confidence i can't believe it. And to also be able to give back a little helps too.

Your thread from april has been brought up to date today through a new post, and its good that new members can read it, its a great post and gives a bit of inspiration to us newbies :)

Hope you can share more with us when you have the time.
Best wishes
Cathy xxx

honeybee3939
17-05-08, 00:38
Ohh Mags

I have only just caught up with your thread !:ohmy:

Its so lovely to hear you are doing so well:yesyes: :yesyes: You keep up the good work hun, these are the kind of threads everyone just loves to read.:yesyes:

You take care and keep in touch
:hugs: :hugs:
Love
Andrea
xxxxxx

Eclipse
17-05-08, 00:47
Thanks Cathy,
Bit concerned that I sound like an old record when I want to sing the praises of this site (& the members' support) when I nip back & visit but you've just reassured me that there's always someone to appreciate & acknowledge the need & helpfulness of NMP!
:yesyes:
You're obviously another star & fan of the site!
Best wishes & kind regards
Mags
XXXX

Eclipse
17-05-08, 00:51
Ohh Mags

I have only just caught up with your thread !:ohmy:

Its so lovely to hear you are doing so well:yesyes: :yesyes: You keep up the good work hun, these are the kind of threads everyone just loves to read.:yesyes:

You take care and keep in touch
:hugs: :hugs:
Love
Andrea
xxxxxx

Oooh Andrea,
Missed your reply but just seen it now!! :yesyes:

Bless you!:hugs:

XX

alexis
17-05-08, 18:55
:hugs: Hi mags, promise you will ge text or email tonight!!! Thought you would be too young to know what a ""record""! is:winks: