PDA

View Full Version : Get a dog!

Tom_M
15-03-08, 13:45
We all need a bit love and affection in our lives, but if like me and have a partner who doesn't give it, then get a dog. Really, a dog will reward you with love an affection, and hugging your pet can be so therapeutic. I take my dog out twice a day - maybe spend more time with the dog than I do with the wife. Damn, as my relationship got that bad. :weep:

Under~The~Stars
15-03-08, 13:56
Dogs are amazing Tom, I totally agree. I have a rottie pup, he's going to be 2 next month. He is so affectionate, I love him so much, and I know he loves me too. Unfortunately, my other dog passed away a couple of months ago - he was the family pet, whereas the 2 year old rottie was mines (my ex gave him to me). So, I have always been in charge of Buster (rottie). But since my other dog died (who my dad had most to do with) Buster doesn't feel like my dog anymore. My dad has completely taken over everything - he feeds him, he takes him walks etc. Buster always slept in my room with me, always... as far as he was concerned it was his room too. But now, because of my dad, he has started going through and sleeping in his room. It just makes me so sad. Buster was the one thing in my life that was mines, who loved me like I loved him, and now it feels like it's been taken away. I don't get on with my dad, and feel he has done this on purpose.

Anyway, back to the point. Dogs are fantastic pets, everyone should have one! So loyal, and loving, and love giving cuddles!

Lou x

sarajane
15-03-08, 14:50
http://img.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/images/animated%20graphics/animals/prod_444_12073.gif (http://www.freecodesource.com/myspace-graphics/getcode/animated_graphics/animals/prod_444_12073.gif.html)

I couldn't agree with you more.

No matter how I'm feeling my lovely mate is always there for me.

Even when I go out for only 15 minutes, on returning home she carries on like she hasn't seen me in years.

Love my dog to bits
SJ

tayside lassie
15-03-08, 16:07
totally agree tom , my baby Cleo even knows when my moods changed she s right up on the sofa beside me i have my family but i really dont know what id do without my beloved Cleo shes the one person that i know who wont let me down or turn against me shes always there for me when my anxieties bad she"ll insist on lying on my knee for cuddles and attention .

sally........

domino
15-03-08, 16:12
That,s just super sj how did you do that, ?Hum ,tom, well at least the dog does,nt answer back, Louise , sorr to hear your dad is treating you this way, could he not get his own dog!You say that you and your dad do,nt get on to well, but have a word with him and explain how this is making you feel . My dali is 11 yrs old and she is a big part of our family, i came out of hospital yesterday and she was sooo excited to see me as i was to see her.She keeps following me around the house, i just feel abit useless at the moment , and hubbi is getting to take her out ,without me , ah well , soon be off on our walks together soon i hope.

yorkylover
15-03-08, 16:55
I totally agree with you:yesyes: :yesyes: I wouldnt be without my fur babies.
http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/th_HPIM0766.jpg (http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/?action=view&current=HPIM0766.jpg)

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/th_HPIM0756.jpg (http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/?action=view&current=HPIM0756.jpg)

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/th_HPIM0751.jpg (http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh178/ELLEN171166/?action=view&current=HPIM0751.jpg)

Jaco45er
15-03-08, 19:46
Am I the only one on NMP who prefers cats? lol

bottleblond
15-03-08, 20:30
LMAO JACO......woof woof woof!!!!

Love Lisa
xxx

debera
16-03-08, 01:40
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p72/qwilsonprickett/cid_AE8CFBE4-7B64-44AC-91A5-C574358.gifyes i agree a dog will give you unconditional love. no matter how you feel they will always stick by you know matter what. through good days and bad they are always buy your side. im agoraphobic and it gets me out for walks and that has helped alot with my anxiety disorder. so i feel very blessed to have my hannah
debera

Tom_M
16-03-08, 12:50
I do like cats also, I used to have five at one time, but with my pouch not liking them, i could never have one. I also have a couple of rabbits, a aquarium full of fish, and about 20 feral pigeons that I feed.
We live at the bottom of a farm lane, so you can imagine there's all sorts of creatures come in the garden. My wife is scared stiff of mice we get in the garden, but like I keep telling her, we live in the country so it's their natural habitat. I love this time of year. The countryside is now starting to come alive after what seems a long winter.

kate
16-03-08, 13:12
Jaco, I don't like dogs, I love cats though :D

Kate

joy
16-03-08, 16:19
Remember tho that dogs are a 15 year committment and need things like walks even if you feel like c**p

I.ve got a dog and cat so I'm on both sides of the camp

Love Joy

Jaco45er
16-03-08, 17:00
Hence I prefer cats, you can ignore the little muppets and they don't get the hump as long as you feed them ;)

Southern_Belle
16-03-08, 17:34
I am also a dog lover and love cats too but sadly am allergic to them. My Brandi never leaves my side and when I leave town she barely even eats even though the rest of my family is here which really worries me that she is so attached to me. She even sleeps in bed with us and if I do wake up in a panic all I have to do is reach for her and she helps to calm me down. I think everyone should own a pet of some kind, they really are quite marvelous.

Laura

weeble40
16-03-08, 17:43
I totally agree I couldnt bare not to have my poochie, she loves me and even follows me to the toilet and sits outside the door waiting, she follows me all over so Im never alone, even when I get annoyed that shes under my feet when cooking she just looks up as if to say, well Im not leaving you mum

Emma xx

aliciajane
17-03-08, 00:40
I live in the City, so alas I can't really have a dog :(

shoegal
17-03-08, 03:05
I agree that dogs are fantastic for people who suffer from anxiety or depression because they give you the motivation to get out of the house and go for walks no matter how awful you are feeling. My dog Whiskey was the best friend I ever had, who never left my side and even slept in my bed. Unfortunately he died 3 months ago but I was there with him right at the end. I miss him terribly.

shoegal xxx

ladygrom
17-03-08, 07:12
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_14_1.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) hi yes i totaly agree i got 2 dogs a lurcher cald zara and puppy staffie cald roxey im geting out more cuz i take them for walks they keep me motivated tc xx

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZCxdm860YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZCxdm860YYGB&utm_id=7923)

Lilith1980
17-03-08, 12:09
My b/f would love a cat but I think we have to get a bigger place first. I dont mind cats but their "attitude" annoys me! They think they run the show! :roflmao:

I'd like a dog and I think it would give me the kick I need to get off my butt and exercise a bit more lol

Jo xxxxx

yorkylover
17-03-08, 14:40
At the end of the day it doesnt matter what pet we have if they make us happy,I have 2 dogs a cat and two birds and there all great.Even the birds have there own characters.:yesyes: :yesyes:
:woof

Bunty
17-03-08, 15:48
sorry but Cats are much better than dogs!!! (ha ha)
A cats independant attitude is fantastic especially when they walk around as if they pay the mortgage! the purring sound they make is one of the best, most soothing, sounds in the world!!
A dog smells......and dribbles.....and barks(really annoying!)...and sometimes bites (yes I've been bitten.... had a chunk of my eyebrow removed by one when it went for my face!)
Anyway...seriously...people should only get a pet if they can afford the vet bills, spend the time with the pet it needs and supply everything it needs.

I had 2 wonderful cats and miss them dearly. It's been over a year and I can't really think about them as I still get upset. It actually physically hurts me to think about them.
I too must admit that there is a certain breed of dog that I find really cute (I have no idea what breed it is) so they're not all bad!!

pips
18-03-08, 13:51
I'm glad your lovely dog is helping you.

Animals can bring you so much love & joy and are so non judgemental.

I have 3 beautiful rescue cats and they bring me so much Love. My eldest little lady Snoops snuggles in and licks my tears when i'm sad. I love them all so much.

Animals are priceless.

Take Care,

Love Pip'sX

Richie
25-03-08, 15:13
Can't get my lovely dog Max on here cause scanner not working and don't know how to transfer photos
Cats Grrrrrrrrrrrrrh my greyhound would have for breakfast lol lol :yesyes:

milly jones
28-05-08, 14:49
i love my two girls to bits. i have nel a yellow lab 12 months and loo a choc lab 2years.

they love me no matter what i do or say

they depend on me for everything and need me

they enjoy my company either when im excited and fun or low and quiet

they cuddle me when im down, and know when to stay out of my way cos im anxious

they take me for walks in the lovely countryside

when i lost my previous dog the world stopped until id got another dog

they are my world

millyxx

thevoicewithinme
28-05-08, 15:28
I have to agree dogs are excellent company. I have recently got a collie cross from the City Dogs Home and already I love him to bits. The vet says he is only around 10 months to a year old, but even so he is very obedient and the most loving and affectionate dog anyone could possibley want.

If I go upstairs, he follows me, and even sits outside the bathroom door waiting while I have a shower :roflmao: Right now, he is sprawled out on the floor by my feet, but I know if I were to pat the seat on the sofa next to me, he would jump right up and curl up next to me with his head on my hip.

Like others have said, I have already noticed with Blade (dogs name) that he can and does sense my moods.

He was a stray, and I helped him, by giving him a loving home, and he in return helps me, by giving me lots of love and encouraging me to go out and take him for a walk.

Oh, and for you cat lovers, I have always had cats, and at this present time I have a ginger tom called Mork, but boy, I have never met a cat with such attitude :whistles:

Kaz

Franz
28-05-08, 17:15
We all need a bit love and affection in our lives, but if like me and have a partner who doesn't give it, then get a dog. Really, a dog will reward you with love an affection, and hugging your pet can be so therapeutic. I take my dog out twice a day - maybe spend more time with the dog than I do with the wife. Damn, as my relationship got that bad. :weep:
In the novel "The Unbearable Lightness of Being", the main female character decides that her love for her dog is better than her love for her husband - not greater, just better because it's unclouded by ambiguity (Karenin is the dog):

"It is completely selfless love: Tereza did not want anything of Karenin; She did not ever ask him to love her back. Nor has she ever asked herself the questions that plague human couples: Does he love me? Does he love anybody more than me? Does he love me more than I love him? Perhaps all the questions we ask of love, to measure, test, probe, and save it, have the additional effect of cutting it short. Perhaps the reason we are unable to love is that we yearn to be loved, that is, we demand something (love) from our partner instead of delivering ourselves to him demand-free and asking for nothing but his company."

kellie
28-05-08, 17:54
I gree about dogs. they realy are the best friend you could have. i love all mine and walk them everyday, id even have em sleeping in me bed if the hubbie would allow it lol. here a piccy of them.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/redfirekell/P1010163.jpg.

oh and jaco dogs rule and cats drool.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gary_2.0
28-05-08, 22:31
I agree that dogs are fantastic for people who suffer from anxiety or depression because they give you the motivation to get out of the house and go for walks no matter how awful you are feeling. My dog Whiskey was the best friend I ever had, who never left my side and even slept in my bed. Unfortunately he died 3 months ago but I was there with him right at the end. I miss him terribly.

shoegal xxx

I'm very sorry to hear that. I sympathise with you shoegal. We lost our family dog over 20 years ago but I can still visualise him and feel his presence even now. As genuinely missed as any member of the family. We still talk about what he used to get up to.

Who wouldn't want such an affectionate, non-judgemental, always happy to see you, contented friend? I know I do.

Franz
28-05-08, 23:26
After a very bad mental "incident" last year I went to stay with my parents. When I arrived I broke down - not just crying, but howling and wailing and shaking in a way that I think most human beings would have found quote scary. And what did my parents' dog do? She walked over to me with her tail wagging gently, and put her head on my lap.

gary_2.0
28-05-08, 23:55
That sounds wonderful Francis. They really do understand on a fundamental level. I trust that made you feel somewhat better and I hope you're over the worst of it now old chap :)

midlandlady
29-05-08, 00:21
hello everyone.had a really bad day just calming down.hope you all are doing ok....animals are great..l got my loving german shepherd four years ago.she helped get me out the house,taking her on short walks.bought a staffy shes two and two cats...love them all. take care.xxxx

Franz
29-05-08, 00:46
That sounds wonderful Francis. They really do understand on a fundamental level. I trust that made you feel somewhat better and I hope you're over the worst of it now old chap :)
Gary,

Well, to be honest I was so out of it that day that I can't honestly say it made me feel much better, but I was very touched. As for whether I'm over the worst of it, I have no idea. I'm still having bad days on a regular basis. Not quite as bad as the day I described, but sometimes close. I am seeing a spiritual healer dude tomorrow, more to get a different take on my problems than because I expect a cure.

F