PDA

View Full Version : meds withdrawal

cug71
15-03-08, 23:31
hi everyone,
I have just joined, ihave suffered will depression/anxiety and phobias for nearly 20 yrs on and off.I wanted to ask if anybody has changed from one med to another and then suffered horrible withdrawal symptoms, mine have been anxiety/panic sickness,dizzinessand headfuzzy and aches.
just wanted abit of support to see that i'm not alone and how long do they last this is my forth day.

thanks
mandie

xBettyBoopx
16-03-08, 02:12
Hi cug

http://hecker.debian.net/welcome.gif

I have changed over medication and had terrible withdrawal so you're not alone. The good thing is that it doesn't last:)

I had the symptoms that you mention plus a few more lol:ohmy: :ohmy: cold sweats, hot sweats, unreal feeling etc.

I hope you enjoy the site and take heart, these feelings will go away.

Take care

Elspeth

groovygranny
16-03-08, 17:19
Hello mandie:welcome: to you!

I'm afraid I have no experience of changing meds - but there are plenty here who do so you're certainly not alone.

Have a look at the information in the links on the left hand side of this page, I'm sure you'll find it quite helpful. There are also some very good personal stories.

Just wanted to say 'hi', and pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Southern_Belle
16-03-08, 17:26
Hi Mandie,

Welcome to the site. Yes, I have had the symptoms you describe and called my doctor right away and they tweaked the meds so I didn't feel them so much. You are going off of them too fast so if I were you call your doctor and I hope you feel better soon. You are not alone in feeling this way.

Hugs,

Laura

cug71
16-03-08, 17:57
Thanks laura,
I'm starting to feel slightly human(whatever that is) today, havent been sick today.
thanks again to all it realy does help knowing i'm not alone.
cheers
mandie.

chalky
16-03-08, 20:51
HI Mandie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
16-03-08, 22:14
Hello Mandie And Welcome..i Wish Ya Well.....linda

Nibbles
16-03-08, 22:45
Hi Mandie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lilith1980
17-03-08, 09:11
Hi Cug

I havent taken meds to I cant give any advice I'm afraid, but I just wanted to say welcome to the forum :)

Jo xxxxx

trac67
18-03-08, 19:20
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx