PDA

View Full Version : More Questions!

shakygirl
16-03-08, 10:57
Just starting my 4th week on 20mg of citalopram and I still seem to get a strange shaky feeling for a while after taking it in the morning. (bit like low blood sugar although eating does not seem to get rid of it).

Has anyone else had this and did it go away eventually?

Also keep waking up between 3 & 4am and never really go properly back to sleep. I know this can be a side effect but again, does it ever go away?

CliveL
16-03-08, 11:32
I have taken Citalopram (60mg) for over 2 years, it is a slow acting drug with a half life of a couple of days, so it is probably unlikely to cause immediate affects. Early morning waking have gone for me unless I am anxious. I also take buspirone (Buspar) to help with the anxiety.

ricardo1
17-03-08, 09:32
I'am on my 4th week of 20mg Citalopram never having been on such like before.

First couple of weeks were horrendous , sweats , increased anxiety , waking up 3am / 4am couldnt get back to sleep however these side effects are now tailing off with the possible exception of the sleep issues. I still awake 4am / 5am and cannot get back to sleep. Doc prescribed sleeping tablets however I have held off taking them instead going to bed a bit earlier as no matter what time I go to bed I still wake at the same time.

Generally however I'am starting to fell a bit better within myself with more positive thinking.