PDA

View Full Version : side effects from 10mg to 20mg

mandie
16-03-08, 15:55
Hi

I am back on citalopram again and have been taking 10mg for past 6 weeks.

After seeing my doctor 5 days ago, he increased my dose to 20mg

I feel so anxious and panicky now. My head feels like its burning and my ears are all hot.

Did anyone else get any side effects from increasing their dose.

I feel like going back down to 10mg again

love mandie x

CliveL
16-03-08, 16:18
What ever side effects you get tend to reoccur each time you change dosage but it soon settles down, I am on 60mg daily.

frank
16-03-08, 16:57
i've had the same thing. Was on 10 mg for six weeks and side effects died down, now been put up to 20 mg and anxiety is even worse and my head is racing with thoughts

hopeful
17-03-08, 10:00
It does settle down.Try some rescue remedy for a couple of days. I found it settled after about a week,so hopefully you're nearly there.:hugs:
julie x:hugs:

mandie
17-03-08, 11:08
Hi

Thanks for the replies. Iv had the worse 5 days that iv had in years.

Feeling slightly better today so hopefully things are getting better

love mandie x

willp
17-03-08, 11:37
Hi Mandie,

Yes I had the same thing but the side effects went after a week or so. Stick with it!

Will

Big Bird
17-03-08, 12:32
Hi

I am back on citalopram again and have been taking 10mg for past 6 weeks.

After seeing my doctor 5 days ago, he increased my dose to 20mg

I feel so anxious and panicky now. My head feels like its burning and my ears are all hot.

Did anyone else get any side effects from increasing their dose.

I feel like going back down to 10mg again

love mandie x

Hi,

The side effects will subside in 'your' time. This, because we are all so different in our chemistry makeup but you should begin to tolerate the medication as the days pass. It is unerving at times but I feel very much worth it. I really wish you all that you wish for.

Take Care

xxx

frank
21-03-08, 12:14
thanks for the advice as well. My evenings are ok. Had a great time with my fiancee. This morning my anxiety kicked in big time about getting married and moving to her area and we had a massive row. I know that i took it out on her and feel really bad about that.

shakygirl
21-03-08, 12:17
Sorry to hear you are still struggling Frank. Is the anxiety something you have had for a long time or is it just the wedding that has caused it?

joy
21-03-08, 16:18
Are you having a big wediing Frank?

Joy

frank
23-03-08, 21:18
I've had bad anxiety problems since i was 19. I started having panic attacks while using a load of drugs. Probably would have happened anyway. Been having anxiety ever since and now i'm 33. Always hid away from people getting close to me and when they do i sabotage things but with my fiancee i haven't done it this time no matter how analytical i get. Trying to sit with the feelings instead of battling them.

It is quite a big wedding but got a supportive group of mates and to most people they don't know how anxious i get because they don't see much of me. Getting married means the mask has to come off and that isn't pleasant but i know its a good thing especially as my fiancee is the most unanxious person i know!

joy
23-03-08, 21:37
So how are you feeling now? You dont sound quite as anxious as before. When is the wedding?

Love Joy

frank
23-03-08, 21:45
I seem to flit from being really anxious to being really calm. Thats frustrating. Its because i'm moving to hers away from what i'm used to. She is very supportive. The wedding is next sunday!

joy
24-03-08, 14:18
well at least you are having some calm moments

Joy

dlou84
07-04-08, 12:33
Have a lovely day! Dont let Anxiety stop you from doing what you want to do! I turned down a free holiday to Vegas because of my fears!

But instead I went up north to Washington near the sea side for a week!

Which was a huge step, and I'm sure you will come through.

Remember you have alot of distractions so you probably wont even notice the anxiety anyway!

Do what I did an buy a ipod or mp3 player and load it full of relaxation music. It works great!

Dan