PDA

View Full Version : Introduction from an agorophobic

Panic08
17-03-08, 00:31
hi i'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi and wondered if somebody could please point me in the right direction. I suffer from panic attacks which has lead to agorophobia and possibly depression im struggling and need help i have no idea what to do or where to start to get over this so i guess im looking for advice and maybe techniques people have tried/are trying i've had a nosy around the forum but not sure where to start really!
many thanks
a

Lilith1980
17-03-08, 09:14
Hi Panic08

Welcome to NMP :)

There is a thread on Agrophobia in the General Anxiety section of the forum which you may find useful.

Have you asked your GP to be referred for therapy? This may help you hun.

Jo xxxxx

lorac
17-03-08, 09:21
Hi Panic08

Welcome to NMP

Why don't you join us on Agoraphobia the Diary I think it will be very helpful to you. There are a few of us on there who are struggling with the same problem as you and helping each other along the way. Since joining this thread I have made great progress and gained alot of my confidence back.

Take care and good luck

Love
Carol
xx

Liverbird67
17-03-08, 09:44
Everyone is really nice and friendly, this site is a godsend, there is always someone whom knows exactly what you are going through, have a good browse around and go into the chatroom
good luck

Liverbird
XXXXXXXXXXX

Panic08
17-03-08, 12:40
Thank you for your replies, i went to my gp about a month ago with my mum (im only 19) and my gp put me on meds for panic attacks and basically said the rest was in my head and i needed to start going out, so im a little worried about going back there again, i will take a look at the diary and the chatroom
thanks
a

SANDYJANE
17-03-08, 13:40
hi and a big warm welcome ,,

love sandyjanexxx

Southern_Belle
17-03-08, 14:11
Hi,

Welcome to the site. You will find many here who feel exactly like you do and you will get support. I would also suggest to click on the left side of the screen under Phobia/Agoraphobia to learn about all you can about what you suffer from because it does help. There will be many here to help you through this and many others have already given you great advice. Again, welcome.

Hugs,

Laura

groovygranny
17-03-08, 18:43
Hello Panic08:welcome: to you!

Good advice so far - the Agrophobia Diary is an excellent thread and should prove most helpful.

There is lots more information in the links on the left of the page too - First Steps might be a good place to start. There are also some very encouraging personal stories there too.

Glad you joined us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

chalky
17-03-08, 20:58
Hi Panic08,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.

Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
17-03-08, 21:41
Hi Panic08 and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The agoraphobia diary is certainly an excellent thread and is very friendly and supportive.

Take care,

Mike :)

Panic08
17-03-08, 21:59
Thank you everyone, i have posted a message on the agoro diary and read through some of the posts too, nice to read the support everyone gives and recieves from the other users.
a

Lindalou64
18-03-08, 16:48
Hellp Panic And Welocme ...i Wish Ya Well............linda

trac67
18-03-08, 19:06
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx