PDA

View Full Version : feeling it today

frank
17-03-08, 14:03
Really feeling the side effects today. I've been on 20mg for three and a half weeks and 10mg for five weeks before but nothing seems to be changing. I'm nauseus and anxious big time today. Not helping with my impending marriage coming up so then i feel guilty towards my fiancee because i'm not full of joy because i'm so anxious. She said to me she was worried that we won't be able to have fun because i'm serious most of the time and anxious wheras she is always jolly and that can annoy me probably because i wish it was me.

I hate this anxiety!

joy
17-03-08, 14:22
Have you tried asking the GP for some benzos to get you thro the next couple of weeks and the wedding. Your natural nerves about the wedding is probably too much for the A/ds to cope with

Love Joy

frank
17-03-08, 14:27
Have been using them on and off over the last couple of months but worried about getting dependent on them. I feel so down today and keep thinking i'm getting married because i don't want to let her down. My feelings are all over the place today.

joy
17-03-08, 15:21
It sounds like extreme cold feet to me

Love joy

frank
17-03-08, 16:00
think you are right. This is th biggest thing i've ever had to do and didn't realise how it would effect me especially with anxiety!!

joy
17-03-08, 16:18
i'm worried already cos my daughter is getting married in dec and i dont know how i'll cope

joy

frank
17-03-08, 16:59
Its really tough battling the 'what ifs'. Its easy to say everything will be alright but doesn't help the feelings. I do empathise with you too about this. When I'm on my own and no pressure my anxiety can almost lie dormant but the moment a big life stressor comes in I break down and all my insecurities come out. I can look the consumate professional and to all my mates seem so together but the moments like these show me with the mask coming off.