PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Bulgaria

Ga
20-03-05, 10:08
I am new here, thank you all for giving mew support. Iam 43 female, school head and for the last 4 ys under great stress- the only one who earns the money for 3, - 12 hours work a day, Phd program at the same time and lots of specializations abroad- I thought it was a relax, but obviuosly it was not. So for 3 months with panic attacks -it is my 12 day on Cipralex 5 mg and I feel dizzy, it is hardly to walk. But before starting it I was cryingh all the day long and trembling. So pls,tell me how were your stories, when the side effects stopped and when it started work for you.Once again thanks you are here. love, Galina

FAN
20-03-05, 10:45
hi welcome to the forum you will find it really helpful

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
20-03-05, 11:46
hello again Ga,

I sent you a PM with my story so just wanted to say 'Welcome'!!

Sarah :D

Tracy68
20-03-05, 11:49
Hi Ga
Welcome to the site. I think with alot of medication they can sometimes take a few weeks to actually kick in and work. So try and carry on with them and you may find you will start to feel better soon. In the mean time i'm sure you will find plenty of help and support from everyone here to get you through this difficult time.
Take care
Tracy
x

maxine
20-03-05, 13:50
Hello Galina,
Welcome to the site.:D

vernon
20-03-05, 14:35
Hi Galina, Welcome to the site, hope you find lots of help here. I started on cipralex about 12 weeks ago, I started on 10mg and started feeling much better after about 3 to 4 weeks, But i do do relaxation twice a day even if i feel ok. I also ise posative affermations with the relaxation, this seems to help to. Cipralex seems to be a good medication and know lots of people from this site who have had good results from them. You will feel worst for the first couple of weeks. but keep going and you will feel better. Also try hard to do some relaxation in a nice comfortable place alone twice a day this realy helps but takes time. Take care hope this is of help to you. Vernon

sal
20-03-05, 15:14
Hi Galina

Welcome aboard. You will see by reading many of the post how well people help each other and the support they get. I am sure Sarah's pm helped you as she has done really well on the same tablet as you are taking.

You have a very stressful life, dont you. I bet you feel you never have anytime to yourself. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bubbles
20-03-05, 18:31
Galina,

Welcome to the forum. You have a very busy life & lots of responsibility for others. Medications can take a while to kick in & for the side-effects to calm down. It took 2 weeks or so when I started meds but some people find it takes a bit longer.

You'll get lots of support here from understanding people--so keep posting.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

clickaway
20-03-05, 18:39
Welcome Galina,

I really hope that the Cipralex will help you - give it a few more days.

It is tough and you work very hard, but please try and find time to train your mind to think positively. But that is not always easy, I know. I think that reading about people here with similar problems to you will help a lot.

Do you know Allie also known as 'indie' here? She recently joined and is from Bulgaria too.

Take Care,

Ray

Karen
20-03-05, 18:56
Hi Galina

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

della
20-03-05, 19:29
hi ga
welcome to the site ,

della

Ga
20-03-05, 20:24
Thanks to all of you, you do a great job. I find it easier today, I know how it is important to think positive. A long time ago a French philosopher Ruso-( I am not sure how to spell the name:)) wrote:" I choose to be happy as it is good for the health." He was a wise man ! Hope all of us find the happiness.

Longie
20-03-05, 20:52
Hi Galina
i was just about to send you a personal message, when i saw your post. glad you worked out how to use the forum.

hope your meds work soon, iwas on this med for 4 wks but for me the panics got much worse i didnt feel it was working, i changed to paroxetine and feel much better, i know this one has a history of side effects and withdrawal problems but i think all ssris will have some side effects.

take care
love Jane

sal
20-03-05, 22:24
Hi Galina

I am sure we all will one day, just takes a bit of hard work and a lot of determination.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

lainey
21-03-05, 09:21
Hi galina

Welcome to the site, you'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

lisarose
21-03-05, 09:52
Hi Galina,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site, you will find it very helpful and everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Some medications can make you feel worse before you feel any better, it can sometimes take up to 6 weeks to feel the benefit so give it time and I am sure you will feel better soon.

If you still don't feel any better after a few more weeks then you could go back to your doctor and ask for an alternative medication. I tried lots of different antidepressants before I found one that suited me.

Hope this helps a bit,
Take care
Love Lisaxx

jill
21-03-05, 17:20
Hi Galina

Welcome to the site,

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
21-03-05, 17:22
Welcome aboard Galina

Good to see you here.

Nicola

Meg
21-03-05, 19:22
HI Galina,

In another few days you will be feeling much better.
Hang in there

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance