PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 and I feel yuk

devon_guy
17-03-08, 19:21
Started Citalopram on Thursday 20mg. Been on it before and all I had was nausea for about 24 hrs. Not this time! Have more or less felt sick since the first pill and today at work I really felt like I was going to be physically sick. I took an anti nausea pill which kicked in after over an hr.

Now I feel washed out and can't focus on anything and feel tired (probably to do with the fact I'm kept awake by the pills at night)

Anyone know if all this is normal? I never had this before feeling so rough on them.

Tinkerbell200
17-03-08, 20:29
Hey Im on day 4 and have felt really sick since today! also really tired and cant sleep! My doctor did say I may feel sickly for the first 3 weeks! Just hang in there and hopefully the side effects will go soon! :D

chalky
17-03-08, 20:31
Hi Devon,

Hopefully you will turn the corner soon and feel a benefit from these Meds.
Keep believing in yourself.
You will get better.
Best wishes,
Chalky

mandie
18-03-08, 12:49
Hi Devon Guy

I started on 20mg 6 days ago having previously been on them about 3 times in the past few years.

I feel dreadful on them this time.

I feel anxious, sick, headaches, upset stomach and just unwell.

I dont remember feeling as bad last time.

Hopefully it will wear off soon

love mandie x

Rennie1989
19-03-08, 10:54
The tablets don't exactly taste nice so that usually adds to my nausea. It is normal though, unfortunatly.

I also feel washed out. Today is day 9 of my meds and before hand I've had bursts of hyperactivity, feeling lost, too anxious to be on my own etc. These meds do make you feel strange for a while.

Stick with it and you should be fine next week. Just remember that it is only the medication.

devon_guy
19-03-08, 13:31
Well I'm feeling better today. The nausea has abated and feel a bit more energetic although the insomnia is still going strong. Managed a short walk with my dad today to get some fresh air. Hopefully the side effects won't return!

trac67
19-03-08, 13:35
Im on day 18 of 20mg of citalopram for the 3rd time and they made me feel awful, worse than they did the last 2 times i have been on them, its only the past few days ive started to feel like my old self again. Stick with it as it does get easier

Love

Trac xxx